Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about the love of god
A question about the love of god
For those of you that kids here, do you tell them about germs that can make you sick? NY mother certainly did and I suspect all responsible parents do. Since most parents do this because they love their children and what the best for them and god apparently thinks of us as his children how come he failed to tell us germs that cause diseases?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: A question about the love of god
There is meaning in the infliction of vile diarrhea upon the wicked if it is attributed to God doing it for cause rather than a random microbe.

Kind of a lemons to lemonade situation for the ruling elite.
(August 2, 2014 at 11:46 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: For those of you that kids here, do you tell them about germs that can make you sick? NY mother certainly did and I suspect all responsible parents do. Since most parents do this because they love their children and what the best for them and god apparently thinks of us as his children how come he failed to tell us germs that cause diseases?

Here we go again, playing on emotions of people about children.

where do we have to believe a "child" life is more or less important to the rest of us. Infarct, I would that's stupid because the first to die are the very young and old. So what does this god tell them? Get over yourself?
(August 2, 2014 at 1:04 pm)archangle Wrote:
(August 2, 2014 at 11:46 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: For those of you that kids here, do you tell them about germs that can make you sick? NY mother certainly did and I suspect all responsible parents do. Since most parents do this because they love their children and what the best for them and god apparently thinks of us as his children how come he failed to tell us germs that cause diseases?

where do we have to believe a "child" life is more or less important to the rest of us. Infarct, I would that's stupid because the first to die are the very young and old. So what does this god tell them? Get over yourself?
No genius Im referring to the fact that before the discovery of germ theory a large portion of children didn't live to the age of 2 and that all god had to do to alleviate this was tell us something that every decent parent tells a 2 year old. Basic fucking reasoning. Now please highlight where I said the lives of children are more important.
Signifying nothing.

How do you know He didn't?
(August 2, 2014 at 11:02 pm)Drich Wrote:

Don't see it in the Bible. Don't notice any other religion that did. Maybe he whispered it to a select few?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(August 2, 2014 at 1:04 pm)archangle Wrote:

Wow. The point went so far over your head, the wind of it's passing didn't even muss your hair.

(August 2, 2014 at 11:07 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(August 2, 2014 at 11:02 pm)Drich Wrote: How do you know He didn't?

Don't see it in the Bible. Don't notice any other religion that did. Maybe he whispered it to a select few?

And they failed to tell anyone else. The got the bits about jeebus cursing the fig tree and kept the later addition about jeebus saying "let he who is without sin" but the important shit that actually helps people live better. Nope. Forgot to pass that along. Dodgy
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Jesus said that demons make people sick.
(August 2, 2014 at 11:02 pm)Drich Wrote:

Wow for someone that is fond of quoting luke I'd thought you. Would know that Jesus said demons caused disease.
Signifying nothing.
We'll think about it if I explained something very complex and in great detail to you and it was the first time you heard anything of the subject, how much of it could you relay in such away as to retain the technical points being discussed?

Then you would have to ask to whom was God speaking to? Was he to ignore 4000 years of human history, for the sake of the few hundred years of people?

What makes more sense? A detailed description that impacts the last generations of warnings and laws that everyone could benefit from?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1325 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  God's Love Johanabrahams 724 74741 October 3, 2021 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Hello Atheists, Agnostic here, and I would love to ask you a question about NDEs Vaino-Eesti 33 5787 April 8, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Tokikot
  If god was love Foxaèr 1 1112 September 28, 2016 at 11:26 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A Love and Money question mcolafson 10 1944 September 26, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: mcolafson
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 22761 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Does God love animals more than humans? Metis 34 7093 June 26, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  General questions about the Christian idea of God and love Mudhammam 148 26510 October 2, 2014 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Tonus
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12322 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Why did god give mankind faulty love genes? Brakeman 4 1956 September 20, 2013 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ryantology