Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Show of Gay Pride
Heart 
A Show of Gay Pride
Ok people.
My name is Adam.
I am a 15 year old atheist liberal living in the heart of good old Texas.
In the bible belt. -_-

As you can guess, being gay isn't really accepted around here and is publicly disapproved and made fun of.

Although there might just be hope because there are a few freethinkers among the lot. Out of these people we have come up with the idea to show gay pride off on Monday all through the school day and sorta rub it in the faces of these homophobic and ignorant people.

Any ideas of what we can do?
We are open to any ideas just as long as its peaceful.
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. - A dusty old book that I found that must be completely true because someone wrote it down.
RE: A Show of Gay Pride
Hair ribbons for boys. Get some ribbon, I'd go with rainbow in this case, and tie a bow on a bobby pin. Voila! Non-violent resistance and show of support. Or afix them to safety pins and wear on the shirt, ala AIDS ribbons. It pissed off my high school vice-principal, might work here.
All the kids are wearing red to show their support right now, and changing their Facebook profile pics to the HRC's red equal sign.
Seriously dude, wear ass-chaps and feathers.
Just wondering, have you been threatened physically at school for being homosexual?
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(March 27, 2013 at 9:01 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Just wondering, have you been threatened physically at school for being homosexual?

I myself am not homosexual, although yes it happens.
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. - A dusty old book that I found that must be completely true because someone wrote it down.
(March 27, 2013 at 9:20 pm)WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth Wrote:
(March 27, 2013 at 9:01 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Just wondering, have you been threatened physically at school for being homosexual?

I myself am not homosexual, although yes it happens.

Oh. Oops. Lol.

That's pathetic, though.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

[/quote]

Oh. Oops. Lol.

That's pathetic, though.
[/quote]

Its all good! Tongue
But it truly is.
I doubt that if there was an all powerful being, he would be such an asshole to think that was right.

But I guess if there is a god, hes an asshole anyways.
C'mon... Nothing says "Gays just want to be seen as normal (but they're different)" better than asschaps and feathers.
Serious question. What qualifies a person as being gay? Why should it be accepted as an immutable category (like race) without a definable and verifiable evidence that someone is or is not what they claim to be? Sexual identity is not definitive in the same way a physiological traits are.

For example, if I were to blow a guy would that automatically make me gay? Most people would say no. Suppose I find Jason Statham sexy does that make me gay? I don't think so either. I used to think Gina Davis was sexy, but not so much anymore. Tastes change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 839 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Why are people so obsessed with the show Game of Thrones? NuclearEnergy 31 6408 October 16, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Emmett
  What is your favorite BBC show? Foxaèr 47 9825 May 27, 2017 at 11:43 am
Last Post: chimp3
  My Favorite show Amarok 0 629 January 27, 2017 at 3:55 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Your favourite TV show is racist challenge. paulpablo 66 9851 September 15, 2016 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Show off your Mad Photographic skillz ErGingerbreadMandude 22 2105 May 31, 2016 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Your favorite television show theme song. Foxaèr 65 5956 April 1, 2016 at 10:30 am
Last Post: MTL
  Show Off Your Homeland Jenny A 37 8585 October 27, 2015 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  The pictures topic: Show us your pet(s) rado84 13 3944 July 23, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Men Who are Bad at Video Games More Likely to Show Hostility to Women Pyrrho 21 3962 July 22, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: MTL