Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You a protestant?
You a protestant?
Since this is easter(pagan holiday), I thought this was appropriate...

[Image: 562911_628657810483276_999573161_n_zps1f6f8c09.jpg]
RE: You a protestant?
I should have eaten more chocolate yesterday. I don't feel nearly ill enough today.
???
You admit it's a pagan holiday, yet accuse Protestants of continuing Catholic traditions... What?
Because we all know that if you reject some parts of a complex ideology, you must necessarily reject it all.
Banging Head On Desk
I celebrate Easter, without zombie Jesus, but we do the egg thing, the Bunny man comes and the kids get too much candy, we had a "traditional" Easter dinner... People have been celebrating Spring since the dawn of time. I just don't see how that's Catholic.
Should you really be mocking others' beliefs when you believe a god came down in human form, walked on water, and rose from the dead?

I love how this was posted on "Atheist Forums." Didn't have the balls to post this on a Christian one?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Heh. I found it funny. I dunno why....there is some merit behind it, just can't quite get my finger on it.
So youre a catholic?

Tell me more about how you listen to an old fat fuck sitting in a golden palace preaching to you about "being like jesus"
I think he's not Catholic. He probably is against protestants keeping up "pagan" holidays and follows a sect that is against all that.
(April 1, 2013 at 8:11 am)John V Wrote: Because we all know that if you reject some parts of a complex ideology, you must necessarily reject it all.
Banging Head On Desk

You know, the sad thing is that there seem to be some people who believe just that. That's what fundamentalism is.
I've heard things like "if any of it is true, then all of it is true" used to describe their house-of-cards belief.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why i became a protestant Christian Rispri 34 6664 February 16, 2017 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Lek
  sexual themes in Protestant hymns drfuzzy 22 4830 November 30, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  1 in 6 Dutch Protestant priests atheist or agnostic | BBC Anymouse 3 4928 August 5, 2011 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Justtristo