Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect?
Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect?
(April 2, 2013 at 10:40 am)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(April 2, 2013 at 10:36 am)ChadWooters Wrote: One should aways be careful about ascribing human motives to animal behavior. When dogs sniff each others butts are they performing analingus? Maybe bat twat just tastes yummy. (Oooo...I just creeped myself out.)

I have never had a problem understanding that butt sniffing isn't analingus. Do you have this problem?

You really are bitter towards the Theists here. ROFLOL
RE: Male Bats Caught Performing Oral Sex on Females
Correction - I'm not bitter, but sarcasm and smart-assery are my default.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
There is always a choice. Smile
Some people also don't have a sense of humor.
(April 2, 2013 at 11:28 am)MysticKnight Wrote: There is always a choice. Smile

I think sarcasm and smart-assery are the best choice. Certainly they are the most entertaining one.
(April 2, 2013 at 11:31 am)Insanity x Wrote:
(April 2, 2013 at 11:28 am)MysticKnight Wrote: There is always a choice. Smile

I think sarcasm and smart-assery are the best choice. Certainly they are the most entertaining one.

Maybe. But I rather show respect to people in general then mockingly disrespect anyone.
I seriously don't bear animosity towards anyone currently on this forum. I find some of their opinions and values to be disgusting, but it's a waste of my time to be bitter and hating them for it. I do not localize any of this disgust on the theists either. There are certainly atheists on this forum whom I've found petulant and borderline retarded on occasion. If I butt heads with the theists more often, well, it's because our values and opinions butt heads more than the values and opinions of the majority of atheists.

As far as Chad's comment, he opened himself up for a joke and I took it. This doesn't constitute as "bitter" - merely that I'm snarky enough to make a salad-tossing joke at anyone who presents the opportunity. Had an atheist made the same comment and I had seen it, I would have taken the same opportunity. The only difference being that for the most part atheists seem to take those jokes in stride. For some reason, many theists lack that sense of humor.

(April 2, 2013 at 11:37 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Maybe. But I rather show respect to people in general then mockingly disrespect anyone.

You're confusing "respect" with "being nicey nice." I'm not disrespecting Chad. I'm fuckin' with him.
(April 2, 2013 at 11:38 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I seriously don't bear animosity towards anyone currently on this forum. I find some of their opinions and values to be disgusting, but it's a waste of my time to be bitter and hating them for it. I do not localize any of this disgust on the theists either. There are certainly atheists on this forum whom I've found petulant and borderline retarded on occasion. If I butt heads with the theists more often, well, it's because our values and opinions butt heads more than the values and opinions of the majority of atheists.

As far as Chad's comment, he opened himself up for a joke and I took it. This doesn't constitute as "bitter" - merely that I'm snarky enough to make a salad-tossing joke at anyone who presents the opportunity. Had an atheist made the same comment and I had seen it, I would have taken the same opportunity. The only difference being that for the most part atheists seem to take those jokes in stride. For some reason, many theists lack that sense of humor.

I wasn't all too serious. I was just joking around with you.

thesummerqueen Wrote: You're confusing "respect" with "being nicey nice." I'm not disrespecting Chad. I'm fuckin' with him.

What about poor Strodel?
(April 2, 2013 at 11:40 am)MysticKnight Wrote: What about poor Strodel?

Some people don't deserve respect.
Mostly fucking with him. Also expressing my sincere disgust with his opinion. "Disrespect" comes in when he continues to repeat and repeat the same twaddle over and over and over and it becomes clear the conversation will get no further. Also when he becomes preachy. I find preaching disrespectful, and therefore, I'm not going to respect anyone who does it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck the word "respect". Brian37 31 5343 September 5, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question Respect in the face of ignorance? Napoléon 35 9716 September 10, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: bozo