Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anything but an atheist.
Anything but an atheist.

Anything but an atheist.

This is one of the most depressing things I've endured all month...and this is coming from the guy who just got jumped and beaten down by three homophobic pricks earlier this week.
RE: Anything but an atheist.
This is the first time I have watched a video on this forum. Thank you for sharing.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Sorry CoH. Got to 1:26 with that withered old thing and his condescending platitudes and switched off.

For the record I don't think theist fit MY vision of a United States of America as they are just so greedy and divisive and seem to strive perpetually for their own 'holy' little empires.
/my2c
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Jeez, Kichi, you only lasted a minute and a half? XD I TOOK ALL THIRTEEN MINUTES OF EXAMPLES OF THE BIGOTRY, lol. I deserve an award! I request my reward is to smoke this bowl.

Oh. Cool.

Bong
They are going to need to update the video to say "Lance Armstrong: Liar and Cheater" rather than "Seven time Tour de Fance 'winner'".

I don’t care if he is part of the same minority group as me, he is a scum bag that needs to give back every cent he’s ever "won".

Sorry, for the rant, my family has a history of bicycle racing.
"I never got that show, 'Les Mis'. It’s about this French guy, right, who steals a loaf of bread, and then he suffers for the rest of his life… for toast. Get over it." - Darius.
I agree, Quid. When Lance's face came on the screen I thought, "Just great, another example the religious can throw in atheists' faces."
I really think the main problem is that most of these people don't know any un-closeted Atheists. If they knew that there pleasant neighbor was an Atheist they'd change their tune. It's why it's important that everyone is open about being Atheists.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Agreed. Lance Armstrong....Shun... Shun.....
Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind - even if your voice shakes.
Maggie Kuhn
Or they might shun and persecute their pleasant neighbor... This makes me really angry
"I trust my own reason and my own capacities to think and educate myself and to reach greater levels of knowlege and status through learning and work. To me, wishing for a god is like wishing to be a slave, it is like declaring that one is too incompetent to handle one's own affairs." - the germans are coming
that's what I say. Anything but a fundie.

I tell people to go to forums like this and watch how people talk to each other. How they treat each other. And see for yourself you want to be like that. Decide for yourself if you want to align yourself with it. God, or no god, makes no difference in the end. It is how you treat a person that can't cut your throat.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 1970 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Response to Darkmatter2525 ""Why Does Anything Matter?" Eik0932 23 2838 September 26, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Is anything sacred? (Extra credit for specifying what it is for you.) Whateverist 55 6968 November 17, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  do you worry about if anything bad would happen if christianity died? Rextos 26 5028 February 13, 2016 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 7303 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  What am I atheist or what but not theist? myrobot 13 3286 March 29, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Pizza
  What is the point of anything? Nell 42 8390 February 13, 2015 at 12:31 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Does the Bible mention anything swarthy people? strawdawg 56 15599 November 30, 2014 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Losty
  how can we believe anything?? Jextin 29 5214 September 18, 2014 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why does anything at all exist? tor 44 9411 March 20, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Hezekiah