Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Response to Darkmatter2525 ""Why Does Anything Matter?"
Response to Darkmatter2525 ""Why Does Anything Matter?"
Response to this video

I see the point but bad argument. Religion was created to find a purpose (obviously i dont buy into the theory that it was made because people were too stupid about science, they obviously had science back then) it is spun to more extreme environments. Which i agree is bad which is why i dont think abrahamic religions are right because i feel they were made out of spite and not to find truth. So i have a new religious cult of obvious good and evil, because thinking a certain way of group of people, how do they know they are not going to death for that? so its what this religion is about. Either case, the purpose stuff is like this. If a person you have affection for goes to war with no registry dies, you are sure it has been dead but is always with you. You tell people about your purpose, they make fun of you. Its kinda like that with anti religious jokes like FSM etc so it cant be compared to Santa Claus since Santa is made up fun figure while this is purpose related to what is real in the sense. Either case if you have bad ideas it makes sense to not be ok with it, within cultures and ideas. Either case very strawman video. Like i see the point with the zealous religious people who stagnate people with views like Christianity and Islam "the traditional ones like Catholicism, Orthodox Christianity and Sunni Islam" are religious cultures of mafia religions so. if they could would not care for science since its main focus is on the afterlife is all that matters. Atleast Protestant Christianity has individualism that sort of works better as a religious culture. But it would not harm to replace it with something else. Either case i disagree since its strawmanning but i see the point

Also i dont understand why Atheists supports cannibalism through consent. Isnt it obvious evil knowing its your own kind? Seems some messed up atheists online being in support of it. Consent doesnt always makes it right just saying

In either case. To explain the philosophy of purpose. May i direct the all known question of "why is a rock a rock and not something else question, or pain or suffering?" the physical explanation is there, but it doesnt tell why it even is a thing, whats the point of it?

Either case, here.

RE: Response to Darkmatter2525 ""Why Does Anything Matter?"
What?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I actually read that entire post. I didn't really understand it. Sounded like a rant that's missing a lot of punctuation, and guess of the rails rambling.

Sorry. Maybe restructure what you are saying and try again
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(September 10, 2018 at 8:11 am)Aroura Wrote: I actually read that entire post. I didn't really understand it. Sounded like a rant that's missing a lot of punctuation, and guess of the rails rambling.

Typical elitist answer in the atheist community haha Tongue

But i get what you mean. I may have trouble communicating with people that way so i am not perfect in how to proclaim in a way that is easy to understand. But i think it should be ok enough to get what i mean
(September 10, 2018 at 8:16 am)Eik0932 Wrote:
(September 10, 2018 at 8:11 am)Aroura Wrote: I actually read that entire post. I didn't really understand it. Sounded like a rant that's missing a lot of punctuation, and guess of the rails rambling.

But i get what you mean. I may have trouble communicating with people that way so i am not perfect in how to proclaim in a way that is easy to understand. But i think it should be ok enough to get what i mean

I real almost all of your post and It's hard to understand it. It's good see brave theists here who aren't afraid of criticism. But could you please EDIT your original post and condense it to short main ideas.
(September 10, 2018 at 8:16 am)Eik0932 Wrote:

I'm not trying to be elitist. I was trying to be kind. I didn't call you a troll or dismiss your thoughts. I'm just completely serious that I can't really follow what you were saying.

No, it's not clear enough for me to get what you mean. For instance, your first idea I'm following for a bit, but then you immediately go off on a tangent that I'm not following.

You are cramming a lot of thoughts and assumptions in there without any explanation or clarity. It's not word salad, but neither is it easy to read or understand.

If you aren't willing to try to clarify, don't blame us or name call. If you want to engage in conversation, then you need to state your thoughts clearly enough for people to respond.

It seems like you came here with a lot of assumptions and your mind already made up.

And wait... Do you want to converse or do you want to "proclaim"?

If it's the latter, that may explain the issue. You don't care about the other side, this is a one way conversation to you.

If you want to converse, then you need to restate yourself. I'd be happy to try again. If you just want a soapbox to lecture from, then don't let the door hit you on your way out.
OP- Why don't you go bitch to DarkMatter2525 himself? We don't control him here.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Yeah I just realized maybe he thinks we all think alike, because that entire post seems directed at Dark matter, not at atheists in general. I'm not going to watch the video just to try and decipher that either.
(September 10, 2018 at 7:43 am)chimp3 Wrote: What?

There’s a lot of that going around lately, isn’t there?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(September 10, 2018 at 7:34 am)Eik0932 Wrote: I see the point but bad argument. Religion was created to find a purpose (obviously i dont buy into the theory that it was made because people were too stupid about science, they obviously had science back then)

Depends what you mean by science. Sure people were trying to figure stuff out, but they did not have the scientific method as we currently use it, with peer review , falsifiability, reproducibility, conferences, papers with a literature review etc

(September 10, 2018 at 7:34 am)Eik0932 Wrote: Also i dont understand why Atheists supports cannibalism through consent. Isnt it obvious evil knowing its your own kind? Seems some messed up atheists online being in support of it. Consent doesnt always makes it right just saying

And I don't understand why theists believe in polygamy, child slavery, martyrdom and are so against blood transfusions.

(September 10, 2018 at 7:34 am)Eik0932 Wrote: In either case. To explain the philosophy of purpose. May i direct the all known question of "why is a rock a rock and not something else question, or pain or suffering?" the physical explanation is there, but it doesnt tell why it even is a thing, whats the point of it?

There is no point. Why assume that everything has to have a purpose? You have no reason to believe that. It's like assuming that the purpose of a puddle is to fill in an indentation in the ground. No, water fills in the indentation as it naturally flows / falls downwards. We came along and then defined it as a puddle. Same with the rock. It's the result of a process that happened.

If you are asking why things happen, then I suggest that you learn a natural science such as physics. We know why rocks form, and how

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God, Energy and Matter Lek 323 24507 October 15, 2019 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Does Atheism Matter If You're A Slave? freezone 2 1264 November 28, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Is anything sacred? (Extra credit for specifying what it is for you.) Whateverist 55 7140 November 17, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
Rainbow Matter and energy can be past-eternal ManofYesterday 172 57156 July 3, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5183 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  ☢The Theistic Response➼ to Atheists saying, "It Doesn't mean God Did it" The Joker 195 22924 November 24, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5443 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  do you worry about if anything bad would happen if christianity died? Rextos 26 5035 February 13, 2016 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 7306 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Question Atheists: would proof of the resurrection matter to you? robvalue 55 16481 July 19, 2015 at 6:40 am
Last Post: robvalue