Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:45 pm

Poll: Should I make a e-radio station for AF?
This poll is closed.
Yes
80.00%
8 80.00%
No
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF.ORG Radio?
AF.ORG Radio?
I was thinking of starting an internet radio station that people could listen to at any time of day. I was gonna base it around the AF community. I could play music requests and the like, do skype interviews, ramble for a bit, talk to the listeners, things like that. Whatcha guys think, should I go for it?
RE: AF.ORG Radio?
Why the hell not, it could be interesting Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Do it.
This could be interesting. Smile
Sounds cool to me, but I would ask the staff first. Tibby essentially considers the community owners of the forum (though he shells out an assload for it), so I bet they won't mind. I just personally think that putting the forum's name on something is something I would run by the admin team. Other than that, I'm on board.
Thinking Could be a good move CoH. Agree with Shell and it would have to be sanctioned by Tiberius as a franchise I suppose?

I fail to see any reason why a "radio station" can't be done as I have also noticed that atheistforums.org is first link on Google, so the name isn't something untried.

Might be worthy of further investigation Dunno

I say YES.
/my2c

Random thought. atheistforums.com where the AF could cause some confusion
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I hope this happens Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Thing is...will we be able to tune in Down Under??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
You'll be able to tune in anywhere in the world. You basically just input the IP address of the station into a music player program and it streams it live. Big Grin If you can link your iphone or ipad to an IP address as well for movies or music, you could listen to it on that, too.

That was kind of my idea, Shell. I was kind of putting this out as a way to see if I could flag down the staff's attention to make sure it was cool with them first. Basically, the station wouldn't mooch off AF.org, it'd have its own bandwidth that I'll be paying for. I could also use the station to advertise the forums, see if we can't get some more freethinkers on here. Or some more dumbass theists to intellectually curbstomp.

I'll probably start up with like 30 songs that I just happen to like, segment them into a couple playlists. I'll make sure the music is also stuff that people on the forum might or would like, so it's not just my musical tastes I'm playing but stuff I figure others may like.

I'm definitely putting some Voltaire on there. Hell in a Handbasket will be the introductory song to the radio show itself; when I'm talking, or talking to people on Skype, doing sort of "interviews with the members" kinds of thing. Cuz every DJ's gotta have an introductory song. Big Grin

DJ C.O.H. I like the sound of it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the first song or piece of music you can remember hearing on the radio (or)? Whateverist 78 10787 October 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: abaris
  New atheist activist 24/7 radio feed. Brian37 0 515 February 24, 2014 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Reminds me of debating with theists on af.org Doubting Thomas 5 2008 September 26, 2013 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  The Firebrands of AF.org Creed of Heresy 16 2288 May 23, 2013 at 12:10 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Thumbs Up Atheistforums.org MilesTailsPrower 7 2281 July 29, 2011 at 6:48 am
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower
  Help me make fun of Family Radio curtis 9 3768 May 26, 2011 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Best of Bash.org theVOID 0 1028 December 18, 2010 at 4:53 am
Last Post: theVOID