Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Untruths?
Untruths?
Quote:And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

Quote:Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

Quote:And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

I couldn't resist posting this for another discussion. ROFLOL So....waddaya think about the above mentioned, folks? Thinking
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
RE: Untruths?
Lol @ it ^_^ But i think that Jesus was referring to mountain metaphorically... not that it makes it any less stupid ^_^
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
It demonstrates that everyone's faith is very weak.

We had a great teacher in junior school (I don't think she was a Christian) who told the class that if we believed it enough we could walk on water.. which made the following week's swimming lesson interesting.
Fr0d0,

That is funny! I can't tell you how many times I have tried to walk on water, put my hand through solid matter (slowly), and command things to move. I had the faith, I promise you! I did end up with a lot of wet shoes, slight abrasions, and a hoarse voice. True story, I actually tested those promises in the bible including healing the sick, casting out demons, giving away all the money in my wallet to poor people I passed, you name it. Why half-step a belief, I say go all out, and did.

Rhizo
(September 9, 2009 at 1:39 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: It demonstrates that everyone's faith is very weak.

We had a great teacher in junior school (I don't think she was a Christian) who told the class that if we believed it enough we could walk on water.. which made the following week's swimming lesson interesting.

Haha I can just imagine that swimming lesson Big Grin I remember as a kid trying to run on water, trying to run from the poolside and skim across the surface...great memories!
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(September 9, 2009 at 1:44 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Fr0d0,

That is funny! I can't tell you how many times I have tried to walk on water, put my hand through solid matter (slowly), and command things to move. I had the faith, I promise you! I did end up with a lot of wet shoes, slight abrasions, and a hoarse voice. True story, I actually tested those promises in the bible including healing the sick, casting out demons, giving away all the money in my wallet to poor people I passed, you name it. Why half-step a belief, I say go all out, and did.

Rhizo

..and failed Joke
(September 9, 2009 at 1:44 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: That is funny! I can't tell you how many times I have tried to walk on water, put my hand through solid matter (slowly), and command things to move. I had the faith, I promise you! I did end up with a lot of wet shoes, slight abrasions, and a hoarse voice. True story, I actually tested those promises in the bible including healing the sick, casting out demons, giving away all the money in my wallet to poor people I passed, you name it. Why half-step a belief, I say go all out, and did.

in actuallity, and according to modern science, it is possible for you to pass through a solid object, however the chance of you actually doing so is about 1:3,000,000,000,000. this slight chance is all thanks to the ħ particle, and the planck length being how short it is. if either of theese were changed, so too would that one in three trillion chance.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

TBF,

Now I am quite happy walking through air, that is all the matter I really need to pass through anyway. Well, that and swimming. I love swimming.

Rhizo
(September 9, 2009 at 3:07 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: ..and failed Joke

Fr0d0,

Haha, yeah, I'd love to believe like I used to, but I just stopped being convinced and had to admit I was an atheist. Life makes more sense now. I no longer see signs and portents everywhere indicating what "God's plan" for my life is. I also don't strain to hear a voice that never comes.

Rhizo
See you just didn't have the faith Rhiz. [loop to post one]

Wink
Fr0d0,

Right because No True Christian would ever stop believing. You are commiting the NTS.... LOL just kidding. Dude I can't even express the depth of my faith and percieved manifestations of God's glory that were part of my theistic life. I honestly think I am a little Schizophrenic which gave me such a squirrely take on reality. Ok, so my take on reality is still a little squirrely but squirrels are fun and that is how I like my reality. Smile

Rhizo