Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a Fucking miracle
I need a Fucking miracle
I am at Uni and Assignments being a part of daily life, however I have 2 Assignments I need to complete for this Monday and 1 is a group Project Assignment which has dead weights and were effectively screwed with only a chance to pass which I might have to do It most of it myself. So Its going to be long nights and longer days, maybe even all nighters (because I don't trust 1/2 my group) while juggling my other assignment. So if there is a god or a deity out there and he is not a complete douche, I could use a hand.
And I don't think Praying is going to help either.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: I need a Fucking miracle
This monday? You have a week to do 2 assignments?

Brah, that's plenty of time, I don't do any assignment until 12 hours before it's due, and I walk away with 80's. Coffee/red bull helps.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
I miss college. I need to go back and get my Masters!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(April 30, 2013 at 6:23 am)Stue Denim Wrote: This monday? You have a week to do 2 assignments?

Brah, that's plenty of time, I don't do any assignment until 12 hours before it's due, and I walk away with 80's. Coffee/red bull helps.

That's 2 assignments with research and project work for maybe at least 2 -4 people if they (my group) don't pick up the slack.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Don't want to be a rat, but you can discuss this problem with your professor. Perhaps the prof will separate your grade from the rest of the group's.
I had a group project in college where we had to do a research paper. I offered to compile all the papers because I was the sole native English speaker. When it came down to doing the work, every other group member's "paper" had been directly cut and pasted from various Internet sources. I talked to the group about it, no one had a problem with plagerism, except me. So I reported it. Makes me a rat? Or a person who stands up for academic integrity? Don't know, but the professor did separate my grade from the rest of the team's. Food for thought.
(April 30, 2013 at 6:00 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: I am at Uni and Assignments being a part of daily life, however I have 2 Assignments I need to complete for this Monday and 1 is a group Project Assignment which has dead weights and were effectively screwed with only a chance to pass which I might have to do It most of it myself. So Its going to be long nights and longer days, maybe even all nighters (because I don't trust 1/2 my group) while juggling my other assignment. So if there is a god or a deity out there and he is not a complete douche, I could use a hand.
And I don't think Praying is going to help either.

Hahahahahahaha bro, lemme tell ya about being fucked with coursework.

I've got until the 3rd of May to complete an entire app for android (the game breakout if you must know) and redesign an entire website in HTML.

You think you're fucked? LOL.

(April 30, 2013 at 7:59 am)festive1 Wrote: Don't want to be a rat, but you can discuss this problem with your professor. Perhaps the prof will separate your grade from the rest of the group's.
I had a group project in college where we had to do a research paper. I offered to compile all the papers because I was the sole native English speaker. When it came down to doing the work, every other group member's "paper" had been directly cut and pasted from various Internet sources. I talked to the group about it, no one had a problem with plagerism, except me. So I reported it. Makes me a rat? Or a person who stands up for academic integrity? Don't know, but the professor did separate my grade from the rest of the team's. Food for thought.

I had a similar scenario to this last semester. There's 5 of us in a group and 2 of us (well, them) decided to put in fuck all amount of effort. The one guy left me to design a website on my own, the other plagiarised word for word content off a random website for an essay he was supposed to do a part of, the funny thing was it didn't even relate to what we were supposed to be doing.

We went to our lecturer and told him, but to be honest I think our lecturer is a massive vagina. We still received a shitty grade and he had the audacity to say that we were 'ganging up' on the other two members.

Which is why I hate group work. Always ends up like this:
[Image: kTbdCKX.jpg]
Unfortunately Nap is correct! Listening to my daughter's complaints regarding "group assignments" you will just have to bite the bullet and get off this forum and do the work.

Good luck hun, hope you get at least a credit....oh and don't forget to sign EVERYTHING you do with your name.

Big Grin yeah I'm ebil!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 30, 2013 at 6:00 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: So if there is a god or a deity out there and he is not a complete douche, I could use a hand.

If you need supernatural help I would recommend making a deal at the crossroads. If god exists he has already proven himself to be a complete douche by creating the ineffectual twats and making you part of their group.
(April 30, 2013 at 7:59 am)festive1 Wrote: I talked to the group about it, no one had a problem with plagerism, except me. So I reported it. Makes me a rat? Or a person who stands up for academic integrity? Don't know, but the professor did separate my grade from the rest of the team's. Food for thought.

It makes you a person who refuses to be victimized by lazy dead-ends.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(April 30, 2013 at 8:03 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(April 30, 2013 at 7:59 am)festive1 Wrote: Don't want to be a rat, but you can discuss this problem with your professor. Perhaps the prof will separate your grade from the rest of the group's.

I had a similar scenario to this last semester. There's 5 of us in a group and 2 of us (well, them) decided to put in fuck all amount of effort. The one guy left me to design a website on my own, the other plagiarised word for word content off a random website for an essay he was supposed to do a part of, the funny thing was it didn't even relate to what we were supposed to be doing.

We went to our lecturer and told him, but to be honest I think our lecturer is a massive vagina. We still received a shitty grade and he had the audacity to say that we were 'ganging up' on the other two members.

Which is why I hate group work. Always ends up like this:
[Image: kTbdCKX.jpg]
How bloody true.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TH FUCKING SNIFFLES! Rhizomorph13 4 438 March 9, 2020 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why I'm so fucking angry GUBU 8 911 November 17, 2018 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Chad32
  I fucking quit... Jackalope 311 32934 October 8, 2018 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I love this place, you fucking punks J a c k 22 1694 October 5, 2018 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Fucking Quit Too! Any one want to join me for weight loss? Whateverist 159 14562 February 28, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Skype fucking around robvalue 0 667 December 5, 2016 at 4:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I fucking love this. (Whatever.) Whateverist 8 1449 December 12, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Giant Fucking Spider Video Edwardo Piet 28 4118 November 27, 2015 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Trans-FUCKING-everything BrokenQuill92 122 12497 October 5, 2015 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Fucking love you guys Iroscato 13 3054 August 16, 2015 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Longhorn