Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dark Souls
Dark Souls
Anyone else play this game? It's kinda hard. It's known for being hard =o
RE: Dark Souls
I play it when I am home. Hard and Fun.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I enjoy watching experts play it. I then attempt to imitate them, only to die 10 times over in the catacombs on a fresh character. Meh. It's crazy to watch a guy run through some of the hardest areas (every area is hard) on a fresh character, completely naked, and not even take a scratch.
Yeah, I will need to youtube it.
I will be home in August.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I moved this thread to Gaming because, that's where it belongs. I played Dark Souls on my PS3, it is a fun game but really hard at first. It was made harder because I was playing as a mage. The Phalanx was easy to destroy with my flame toss, but it was harder to get there. I played with a soldier and mowed through enemies like they were butter. I loved my spear!
I do like the look of this game but just playing CoD and FIFA usually makes me rage and throw my controller out the window. Then again that's usually because those games fuck you over with total bullshit.

I'm guessing this game is more rewarding? Would you go as far to say it is challenging but fair?
You could say that, Napster... just: don't die Wink

Never got to experience it much, my brother rented it back when I had a PS3, and we both took a crack at it. I wasn't too bad (died occasionally, but felt I learned something usually), but the atmosphere is fucking depressing. Just wasn't my thing, but I suppose that's to be expected from me Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 10, 2013 at 8:36 am)Napoléon Wrote: I do like the look of this game but just playing CoD and FIFA usually makes me rage and throw my controller out the window. Then again that's usually because those games fuck you over with total bullshit.

I'm guessing this game is more rewarding? Would you go as far to say it is challenging but fair?
I'm talking about the single-player of Dark-Souls. Multi-player is fair, though, yes.
(May 10, 2013 at 8:36 am)Napoléon Wrote: I do like the look of this game but just playing CoD and FIFA usually makes me rage and throw my controller out the window. Then again that's usually because those games fuck you over with total bullshit.

To be clear, this game will absolutely fucking kill you, but it rarely does so unfairly; if you die, it can be traced back to a fuck up that you made earlier. Still might make you want to destroy the disc, but hey. Tongue

Currently I'm running through Sen's Fortress for the first time, so snakemen are the target of my ire right now. That level's like concrete. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
The skeleton's were fucking frightening.

Yes, Nap, the game is tough but fair. If you make the right moves you will prevail, but it can be challenging to know when to make those moves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Souls 1 PTDE giveaway! Sejanus 19 3342 January 11, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: GrimReaperzZ
Wink Dark Souls II Bob Kelso 28 4656 December 9, 2014 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Nope
  So I'm playing Dark Cloud Violet 4 4003 October 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Dark Souls coming to PC R-e-n-n-a-t 6 2398 April 8, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t
  Amnesia: The Dark Descent Welsh cake 0 1056 November 19, 2010 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake