Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 16, 2024, 4:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Souls II
Wink 
Dark Souls II
Have any of you played any of the titles in the "Souls" series? I played the first Dark Souls and after much ranting and foaming at the mouth I beat it and then beat it once more with an entirely different character build. I know, not the most skillful boast considering the skill level of some of the Dark Souls community but these games are damnably hard so I'm proud nevertheless.

I'm only at the beginning stages of II but I'm enjoying it immensely, and I've come to find that I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to a good challenge now. The movements are slightly different from DS, but not so much as to be an inconvenience. I love the changes to the healing systems, having a limited amount of Estus will prove quite challenging later on and the secondary healing items help buff the lack of flask swigs.

My only request is that you please keep any major information (that should be obvious as to what that is but, for instance; bosses, major plot occurrences, etc.) under spoiler tags in case some gamers wish to discover things for themselves!

Please share your sojourns through the world of Dark Souls II with us, or you can share your macabre tales from the first title as well!

[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Dark Souls II
Oh, how I love the Souls games. I picked up DS2 day one, and... frankly, I'm beginning to question my weapon choice. A lightning-infused longsword seems like a good bet, but it hits the ground with every swing, and it's kinda ungainly. I might try switching to something with better reach.

So far I like it, though the bosses aren't quite as interesting so far, bar one blast from the past early in the game. I get the feeling that'll change as I progress though, judging from what I'm stuck on now.

Oh, and anyone know what's at the bottom of the well in Majula? Shit is creepy and it keeps killing me when I jump. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 17, 2014 at 7:35 am)Esquilax Wrote: Oh, how I love the Souls games. I picked up DS2 day one, and... frankly, I'm beginning to question my weapon choice. A lightning-infused longsword seems like a good bet, but it hits the ground with every swing, and it's kinda ungainly. I might try switching to something with better reach.
*bolded by me*
The one from the knight just inside the Fallen Giant Forest? I'm using that one and the flame longsword back and forth. I just found a halberd so I might put that to the test, but they blew chunks in DS so I'm skeptical on its efficacy.

(March 17, 2014 at 7:35 am)Esquilax Wrote: So far I like it, though the bosses aren't quite as interesting so far, bar one blast from the past early in the game. I get the feeling that'll change as I progress though, judging from what I'm stuck on now.

(March 17, 2014 at 7:35 am)Esquilax Wrote: Oh, and anyone know what's at the bottom of the well in Majula? Shit is creepy and it keeps killing me when I jump. Tongue

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(March 17, 2014 at 7:47 am)Aral Gamelon Wrote: The one from the knight just inside the Fallen Giant Forest? I'm using that one and the flame longsword back and forth. I just found a halberd so I might put that to the test, but they blew chunks in DS so I'm skeptical on its efficacy.

If I hadn't already put a ton of titanite into the knight longsword I might not be in such a pickle, but that thing is hella upgraded now. Tongue Too bad I don't have anything like Quelag's Furysword from the first game, because that thing lasted me all the way to the final boss.

Quote:

I know the cat in town sells a ring that can help with fall damage, but I refuse to buy it because a fall that'll kill you will still do that, even if you're wearing the ring, making it less than useless.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

I still can't beat the first game, I suck at it.
(March 18, 2014 at 3:33 pm)Dark Fatal Knight Wrote: I still can't beat the first game, I suck at it.

I was like that on my first playthrough of DS but after a month or so I revisited it and got the hang of the process involved.

Basically it boils down to correct leveling, distribute your points to the main areas you need for your build and don't forget to level your health!

Oh, and;
[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]

(March 19, 2014 at 11:42 am)Esquilax Wrote:

Yeah, I need to do a playthrough as a magic user sometime. So far I've only ever played melee, but all that I've been hearing is that sorcerers make the going much easier. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Souls 1 PTDE giveaway! Sejanus 19 3773 January 11, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: GrimReaperzZ
  So I'm playing Dark Cloud Violet 4 4149 October 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Dark Souls Gilgamesh 15 3788 May 16, 2013 at 3:55 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Dark Souls coming to PC R-e-n-n-a-t 6 2539 April 8, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t
  Amnesia: The Dark Descent Welsh cake 0 1102 November 19, 2010 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake