Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silly Celebrity Name Game
Silly Celebrity Name Game
Right, so my great friend Shell and I had great fun with this little game we invented the other night. It's evolved somewhat from the original concept; basically we were watching Two And A Half Men and I remarked on Charlie Sheen's immediate family also being in the business, which led to Shell checking out his Wikipedia entry. In typically silly mood, we progressed into challenging each other to identify celebrities purely from non-specific Wiki information such as age, names of children and spouses (excluding identifiable surnames), film/TV work and so on.

The game as it is now played goes like this:
  • Each player takes it in turn to think of a well-known celebrity in any field;
  • The person's name is then broken down and converted into words that rhyme with, or sound similar to, the name itself or its syllables (part of the game's spirit is in coming up with phrases that almost make sense - thus Charlie Sheen might render as Barley Queen);
  • Clues can also be offered in place of rhymes, either to increase the difficulty or when finding an appropriate rhyme proves impractical (e.g. Berger might be codified as "Meat product found in a bun");
  • For the purposes of clarity, a similar sounding word - as distinct from a straight rhyme - should be tagged by [sl=] followed by the word it 'sounds like' (Smith might be: [sl=] "Quiff");
  • Celebrities are assumed to be binomial (forename, surname) unless specified;
  • It is not essential to provide information such as the celebrity's gender or chosen field (actor, singer, sports personality etc) - it all depends on how helpful you feel like being!
  • The player who correctly identifies the celebrity then has to come up with one of their own.

Here's a few to start things off...

1. Big Horny Beaver (actress)

2. [sl=] "Hen 'n' Chick" Lumber Snatch (actor)

3. Fartin' Bean
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Silly Celebrity Name Game

"Mongo only pawn in game of Stimbo."

(Too complex. And I'm a little bit drunk.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'm with Apo (perhaps also drunk). I'm as stupid as a bunch of thugs negotiating a toll booth in the middle of the desert, so....

"Somebody's gotta go back and get a shit load of dimes"
Drunk is definitely an advantage; we were several sheets to the wind ourselves when we devised this thing. Ok, a cluette for number 1:

1. "Ok; so, she's a dog."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 7, 2013 at 8:15 pm)Stimbo Wrote: 1. Big Horny Beaver (actress)

Sigourney Weaver

(May 7, 2013 at 8:15 pm)Stimbo Wrote: 2. [sl=] "Hen 'n' Chick" Lumber Snatch (actor)

Benedict Cumberbatch (I've actually never heard of this person, but I was able to deduce the last name and google did the rest)

(May 7, 2013 at 8:15 pm)Stimbo Wrote: 3. Fartin' Bean

Martin Sheen

Some more....

1. Eighty Tomes

2. [sl=]"Long" Squirrel-Can

3. Fanny Lover
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Oh, I'm so bad at this game, but it is a fun one! I want to try!

1. Head Guard Horton (Actor)

2. Tier a Fight Lee (Actress)

3. Hobby Bolt Vain (Actor)
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

You cheated by not answering mine, Kay!Tongue
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 8, 2013 at 9:23 am)Faith No More Wrote: You cheated by not answering mine, Kay!Tongue

Darn, I should have read through the instructions better! But I'll try, I cannot promise though that I will ever solve yours '-_-

Can you give any clues?

Woo, Danny Glover is the third one! \o/
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

They're all actors(or actresses), so here's a movie each of them has been in. (This should make it easy for you)

1. Thank You For Smoking

2. Alien: Resurrection

3. Saw
Katie Holmes and Ron Perlman? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name That Tune V2.0 onlinebiker 14 609 August 7, 2022 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Some silly trivia questions arewethereyet 7 609 March 29, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Name me........ Brian37 6 642 July 3, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Name that musician... arewethereyet 29 1662 April 19, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Silly food. Gawdzilla Sama 19 1061 December 22, 2020 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2274 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Name your poison. Brian37 49 1765 August 29, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Already want to change my name again Foxaèr 14 808 July 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why don't we name tornadoees like hurricanes? Brian37 19 1688 April 26, 2020 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Preppers don't look so silly now. onlinebiker 41 2039 March 31, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13