Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Atheist Experience
The Atheist Experience
I've been getting into podcasts lately to entertain me at work. I've downloaded a whole bunch of Atheist Experience episodes. I'm sure a lot of you already know about and heard/seen their shows. But I just heard a quote I really liked and wanted to share.

They were discussing the word games theists play and how it is more perfect to exist than not to exist and God is a perfect being. Therefore he exists. I love the response Matt gives:

Quote:"However, which being is more powerful? The being who can create worlds and save your sins, or the being who can do that while simultaneously not existing?"
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: The Atheist Experience
what a great show my favourite quote is when matt said "Bold is not a hair color" in reply to when a christian said, being an atheist is a faith itself.
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
Most theists like to play word games and dance around any subject you throw at them.Their guide is the scriptures for everything no matter how rediculous it sounds.Faith in fallacy is the name of the game for them.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(October 20, 2008 at 6:55 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Most theists like to play word games and dance around any subject you throw at them.Their guide is the scriptures for everything no matter how rediculous it sounds.Faith in fallacy is the name of the game for them.

Yet they can't use scripture-fallacy against MBP...there are no scriptures for him(to my knowledge).

Therefore MBP exists.

lol.
Atheist Experience is awesome. I love when the Christians call in and without fail always say "just look around at the trees, the sky, the grass - how can there not be a God?" duhhhhh.
Just look at my computer - how can there *not* be little fairies inside making everything work?
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
(October 20, 2008 at 11:51 pm)Jason Jarred Wrote: Atheist Experience is awesome. I love when the Christians call in and without fail always say "just look around at the trees, the sky, the grass - how can there not be a God?" duhhhhh.
Just look at my computer - how can there *not* be little fairies inside making everything work?

Lol! true dat! Don't you know? Jolly good.
EvidenceVsFaith I don't get it.What does MBP mean?I too agree that faith is the ultimate cop out,it's just an excuse not to think.The fact is that if we stick to the Christian belief system (the bible) and prove how fallacious it's ideas and precepts are then we prove that it is not a revelation from God.Science has proven the bible wrong on so many topics that its embarrasing.

The old it's inspired by God but subject to the mans errors does not fly with me.If that was the case then god should have figured out a better way to reveal himself to mankind other than the written word.The order of nature argument also fails since there is alot of chaos in nature as well.

(October 21, 2008 at 4:12 pm)chatpilot Wrote: EvidenceVsFaith I too agree that faith is the ultimate cop out,it's just an excuse not to think.The fact is that if we stick to the Christian belief system (the bible) and prove how fallacious it's ideas and precepts are then we prove that it is not a revelation from God.Science has proven the bible wrong on so many topics that its embarrasing.

The old it's inspired by God but subject to the mans errors does not fly with me.If that was the case then god should have figured out a better way to reveal himself to mankind other than the written word.The order of nature argument also fails since there is alot of chaos in nature as well.

Quote:I don't get it.What does MBP mean?

MBP=ManBearPig...he's a fictional fantasy/sci-fi creature/character created by Matt Stone and Trey Parker (the creators of South Park)....my avatar is a picture of ManBearPig(MBP)...

Thanks for askingBig Grin

Ramen.(A 'Japanese noodle dish that originated in China'...used by 'Pastafarians' as a parody of 'amen'...refering to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's noodly apendage)
It's funny but the Ramen I always took as a typo on your part and just read it as amen.Thanks for explaining the man bear pig thing I was lost for a bit there.

(October 22, 2008 at 12:28 pm)chatpilot Wrote: It's funny but the Ramen I always took as a typo on your part and just read it as amen.Thanks for explaining the man bear pig thing I was lost for a bit there.
Yeah I originally thought that it was a typo too when I saw people using it on youtube when commenting on Dawkins' videos.
They sometimes use 'Ramen' on the FSM website, you can just google FSM and it will take you there. Or just go here:http://www.venganza.org/
That's the website for the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. If you read it you will realise he must exist lol.

But only in the mind of course *wink wink*.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tim Pool exposes bias on Twitter on the Joe Rogan Experience EgoDeath 0 267 February 9, 2019 at 3:38 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Doctor makes fans day at the Doctor Who Experience Cyberman 3 1314 March 31, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  This is why "personal experience" does not constitute evidence. downbeatplumb 12 3144 November 28, 2012 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Cato
  Richard Dawkins calls into the Atheist Experience leo-rcc 6 3891 September 16, 2011 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower