Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone non-believer
Lone non-believer
There is probably a zillion threads like this but I just wanted to talk because I don't have enyone to listen.

I am 100% alone, and that was ok for a while I don't mind faking, I could keep my mouth shut and get on with school, mission trips and youth group even though god was illogical to me, because that's what my friends did and it was fun.
Then BAM!!! I actually opend the bible and found out what I was preaching and pretending to believe and I couldn't do it anymore. I came out to some close friends stopped pretending and got on with life, but no one wants to talk with me about anything too do with god and the universe, I wouldn't even mind if they just argued with me!

I'm trapped in my own thoughts an I have no outlet, no one to talk no one to listen to me, everyone is silently opposed to me and I silently opposed to them.
If anyone has any advise its welcome Smile
...please
RE: Lone non-believer
That's what forums like this are good for, letting you discuss your beliefs with people of like (and unlike) mind. If your friends are willing to remain friends while not broaching the subject of religion with you, they're doing better than a lot of people do when they learn a friend or family member is an atheist. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. If opportunities to discuss it come up, take them. But if your friends are uncomfortable with it, don't force it. Most important, be comfortable with who and what you are, and I think your friends may be forced to deal with some uncomfortable questions of their own.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(May 21, 2013 at 8:18 am)Tonus Wrote: That's what forums like this are good for, letting you discuss your beliefs with people of like (and unlike) mind. If your friends are willing to remain friends while not broaching the subject of religion with you, they're doing better than a lot of people do when they learn a friend or family member is an atheist. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. If opportunities to discuss it come up, take them. But if your friends are uncomfortable with it, don't force it. Most important, be comfortable with who and what you are, and I think your friends may be forced to deal with some uncomfortable questions of their own.
Cheers ill keep that in mind, it's just something ill have to live with I guess Smile
Welcome to the forum and feel free to vent anything out on the resident theists! Smile

OK, I'll let you vent stuff on the resident atheists too.
Just enjoy yourself.
Your OP seems too negative... cheer up!

Here's a kitten:

Cat

chicks love kittens! Wink
(May 21, 2013 at 8:39 am)pocaracas Wrote: Welcome to the forum and feel free to vent anything out on the resident theists! Smile

OK, I'll let you vent stuff on the resident atheists too.
Just enjoy yourself.
Your OP seems too negative... cheer up!

Here's a kitten:

Cat

chicks love kittens! Wink

Haha I think I will do just that, thanks for the kitten just what I needed Smile
(May 21, 2013 at 8:12 am)Just another girl Wrote: I came out to some close friends stopped pretending and got on with life, but no one wants to talk with me about anything too do with god and the universe, I wouldn't even mind if they just argued with me!

I'm trapped in my own thoughts an I have no outlet, no one to talk no one to listen to me, everyone is silently opposed to me and I silently opposed to them.
If anyone has any advise its welcome Smile
...please

Don't let people's non participation get in the way! Just go ahead and talk at them. Pretend that they are smiling and fascinated with every word. Only downside is that you will start to think everyone is hopelessly in love with you. I mean how could they not be. They are always so fascinated and smile while you talk at them.

Anyway, welcome Big Grin
Hiya and welcome to AF! ^_^

I think you have found the right place, it's terrific for venting one's thoughts Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I'm in a similar situation.
If you will to speak with me about religion use the PM button.
Accept this situation because this is a fact and you can do nothing against that.
Relax, dear. You're among friends....except for the jesus freaks and you'll spot them in no time at all.
Welcome!

Have you heard the Good News about JesusHChrist? Repent! and ye won't get invited to my all day/night/eternity/never ending torture/BBQ fest! Where the ribs are dry, unsauced and come from an unidentifiable species. They most definitely don't taste like chicken.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So my story of becoming a non-believer: Mechaghostman2 2 1757 January 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  Now I'm Not a Believer remagination 19 3750 February 28, 2015 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Gradually non-religious unno-Dey 8 1695 January 10, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Exian
  How I became a non-believer SleepingDemon 7 2701 April 18, 2010 at 4:22 am
Last Post: fr0d0