Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Meaningless of Life.
Information 
The Meaningless of Life.
In the end our bodies die, our planet dies, and our universe & space will disappear.Why does anything matter? Does it really matter if our species dies out or any other species for that matter?

Now I know that I'm young and I still know very little about life but I see human's purpose even more meaningless than an animals,because animals kinda have an purpose they are needed so that another species can survive or to keep another types of animals from over breeding. But humans purpose goes something like this: (from my perspective)
We humans when we reach an certain age we go to school,so that we will get an job with that job we will "earn" money and with that money we are going to buy things that aren't needed in our lives and if we stop buying things people would lose their jobs and no one would have no money,so in the end we have to work for the rest of our life's to pay for something we don't want so that just everyone can suffer the same horrible faith.

So here are some questions I can't seem to get an answer to:

-Why do people still have kids,if our lives are pointless most of us are depressed and we are struggling to go through life and in the end we are going to die,why do you even want another person to go through this feelings,what makes you want to bring another person to suffer the same faith as you?

-Why do I need to feel depressed and bad about my self so that I can appreciate being happy?

-Why do people talk and rate other people by how they look,wear their clothes,act...why don't they just leave other people alone?

-Why do people want to live for eternity what will they do for eternity,why people can't face death as the last phase of life. As Oscar Wilde said:
Quote: Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.
Isn't this beautiful,why don't people accept this,how will they even enjoy heaven if they know that millions of people are burning for eternity in hell?

I've posted this on AF.com before just want to see what kind of response i get from here.
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
RE: The Meaningless of Life.
Quote:We humans when we reach an certain age we go to school,so that we will get an job with that job we will "earn" money and with that money we are going to buy things that aren't needed in our lives and if we stop buying things people would lose their jobs and no one would have no money,so in the end we have to work for the rest of our life's to pay for something we don't want so that just everyone can suffer the same horrible faith.

That's a cultural issue and there are other cultures that you could move to if you really wanted. For example, you could go to Lapland and herd reindeer which I'm sure is as exciting as shit, or, you could move to New Guinea and join a stone age tribe (if they'd have you) and live as a hunter-gatherer and have a life expectancy of about 28.

The human condition is what we have made of it and in general we've done a pretty shitty job but it doesn't help if you add in lies about gods and heavens or hells. In fact, that only makes things worse.
(May 28, 2013 at 11:53 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:We humans when we reach an certain age we go to school,so that we will get an job with that job we will "earn" money and with that money we are going to buy things that aren't needed in our lives and if we stop buying things people would lose their jobs and no one would have no money,so in the end we have to work for the rest of our life's to pay for something we don't want so that just everyone can suffer the same horrible faith.

That's a cultural issue and there are other cultures that you could move to if you really wanted. For example, you could go to Lapland and herd reindeer which I'm sure is as exciting as shit, or, you could move to New Guinea and join a stone age tribe (if they'd have you) and live as a hunter-gatherer and have a life expectancy of about 28.

The human condition is what we have made of it and in general we've done a pretty shitty job but it doesn't help if you add in lies about gods and heavens or hells. In fact, that only makes things worse.

aha,but do you think that things are going to go better or worse?
Like I'm in high school now and what are my chances of getting an job in the future (i'm from EU) will I have bigger chances of getting an job or smaller?
I tend to think that things will get worse before they get even worse. But then, lad, I'm a fierce pessimist.

The EU has bought into this absurd idea that you can shit all over the bulk of the population in the name of "austerity" in order to make a handful of rich cocksuckers happy.

Vive L'France.

[Image: French%20Revolution%20picture.jpeg]

(I imagine they'll break out of it before things get that bad again. I'd say your odds are 50-50.)
I'm with Min.

The unequal division of wealth generally is starting to look as it did during the reign of the Bourbons.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The republibetarianeo-conazis embrace a philosophy of plutokleptocracy.

Rule by rich thieves.
(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: In the end our bodies die, our planet dies, and our universe & space will disappear.Why does anything matter? Does it really matter if our species dies out or any other species for that matter?
Why do you care if it matters?
I go by "live and let live".

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: But humans purpose goes something like this: (from my perspective)
We humans when we reach an certain age we go to school,so that we will get an job with that job we will "earn" money and with that money we are going to buy things that aren't needed in our lives and if we stop buying things people would lose their jobs and no one would have no money,so in the end we have to work for the rest of our life's to pay for something we don't want so that just everyone can suffer the same horrible faith.
Slightly skewed view there...
The main purpose of having a job is making money. And the first purpose for that money is (or should be) sustenance: food, drink, health.
The Secondary purpose would be comfort, starting with a roof over your head, ending in the latest gadget, or whatnot.

I like eating and drinking... I wouldn't say they are a part of a horrible fate. But I do have to pay for them.
I like the roof that my money enabled me to put over my head, while I sleep in a bed bought with my money.

All this money goes to the producers of stuff.
Producers of food and drink... it's nice that there are people who do this.
Producers of other stuff, keep the economy moving... I don't know...

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: So here are some questions I can't seem to get an answer to:

-Why do people still have kids,if our lives are pointless most of us are depressed and we are struggling to go through life and in the end we are going to die,why do you even want another person to go through this feelings,what makes you want to bring another person to suffer the same faith as you?
It's fate and... when you reach a certain age, you'll get it... or not! Tongue

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: -Why do I need to feel depressed and bad about my self so that I can appreciate being happy?
You don't... but I guess you're a part of the emo mentality...

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: -Why do people talk and rate other people by how they look,wear their clothes,act...why don't they just leave other people alone?
because they're petty. Pay them no mind and you'll do fine.

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: -Why do people want to live for eternity what will they do for eternity,why people can't face death as the last phase of life.
Emo mentality warning 2....

People want to stay alive as long as possible to .. you know... keep living their lives.
(May 28, 2013 at 12:23 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: In the end our bodies die, our planet dies, and our universe & space will disappear.Why does anything matter? Does it really matter if our species dies out or any other species for that matter?
Why do you care if it matters?
I go by "live and let live".

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: But humans purpose goes something like this: (from my perspective)
Slightly skewed view there...
The main purpose of having a job is making money. And the first purpose for that money is (or should be) sustenance: food, drink, health.
The Secondary purpose would be comfort, starting with a roof over your head, ending in the latest gadget, or whatnot.

I like eating and drinking... I wouldn't say they are a part of a horrible fate. But I do have to pay for them.
I like the roof that my money enabled me to put over my head, while I sleep in a bed bought with my money.

All this money goes to the producers of stuff.
Producers of food and drink... it's nice that there are people who do this.
Producers of other stuff, keep the economy moving... I don't know...

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: So here are some questions I can't seem to get an answer to:

It's fate and... when you reach a certain age, you'll get it... or not! Tongue

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: -Why do I need to feel depressed and bad about my self so that I can appreciate being happy?
You don't... but I guess you're a part of the emo mentality...

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: -Why do people talk and rate other people by how they look,wear their clothes,act...why don't they just leave other people alone?
because they're petty. Pay them no mind and you'll do fine.

(May 28, 2013 at 8:38 am)Just Chilling Wrote: -Why do people want to live for eternity what will they do for eternity,why people can't face death as the last phase of life.
Emo mentality warning 2....

People want to stay alive as long as possible to .. you know... keep living their lives.

cool thanks for the answers but I assure you i'm not an emo it's probably the most stupid culture ever created I just started taking interest in nihilism that is all.

P.S: do you thing Friedrich is an emo as well?
(May 28, 2013 at 12:37 pm)Just Chilling Wrote: cool thanks for the answers but I assure you i'm not an emo it's probably the most stupid culture ever created I just started taking interest in nihilism that is all.

P.S: do you thing Friedrich is an emo as well?
nihilist... same thing, different expression method.
nothing is truly absolute in life. thus, the only meaning we derive is self-imposed.

hence why many deem morality transient, and that we should only hold a personal moral code (lol.. and people here scoff at me for saying so, when it's reality).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Devil's advocate for why ontology is meaningless and vacuous. Edwardo Piet 76 6608 September 12, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 14805 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4053 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Lightbulb In the universe there is no meaning nor is it meaningless FractalEternalWheel 5 2739 January 18, 2014 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Faith No More