Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feeling very depressed that when i die i wont see my children again- how do i deal?
feeling very depressed that when i die i wont see my children again- how do i deal?
I would love to believe in god and heaven or just any form of afterlife where I get to see my loved ones again but I just don't believe... My problem is that it really depresses me to the point where I'm upset regularly at the thought that I won't see my loved ones again.

Its really affecting me now I have a one year old child who I love more than I ever thought possible to love another person. It makes me genuinely depressed to think I will die and so will he and I will never "see" him again. How do I stop feeling so sad by this?
RE: feeling very depressed that when i die i wont see my children again- how do i deal?
(May 31, 2013 at 6:30 pm)mamatobabybear Wrote: I would love to believe in god and heaven or just any form of afterlife where I get to see my loved ones again but I just don't believe... My problem is that it really depresses me to the point where I'm upset regularly at the thought that I won't see my loved ones again.

Its really affecting me now I have a one year old child who I love more than I ever thought possible to love another person. It makes me genuinely depressed to think I will die and so will he and I will never "see" him again. How do I stop feeling so sad by this?

By focusing on the time you have with him. Enjoy every moment. Live with him everyday like you will never see him again.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
RE: feeling very depressed that when i die i wont see my children again- how do i deal?
But that's the problem! The fact I will never see him again as u say .. that is what depresses me!!
The more I enjoy our time together the more I love him... I love him more each day.. so much it hurts to think we won't be together after thus life. I don't want to enjoy or love him anymore as its upsetting that I won't be with him after death.

I almost wish I hadn't had him then I woulnd have this feeling. I don't want another child as I will then feel this way about yet another person I love.
(May 31, 2013 at 6:44 pm)mamatobabybear Wrote: But that's the problem! The fact I will never see him again as u say .. that is what depresses me!!
The more I enjoy our time together the more I love him... I love him more each day.. so much it hurts to think we won't be together after thus life. I don't want to enjoy or love him anymore as its upsetting that I won't be with him after death.

I almost wish I hadn't had him then I woulnd have this feeling. I don't want another child as I will then feel this way about yet another person I love.

You need to make sure you stay fit and healthy to look after your children and look forward to your grandchildren. I promise you, that as you get older and your children get into adulthood you will feel a lot differently. You will live on in your children. I must be honest and say that I have a religious belief but I have known many non believers who have coped with this sort of question very well.
Walk it off? Try to focus more on the here and now?
Secular therapy?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(May 31, 2013 at 6:30 pm)mamatobabybear Wrote: I would love to believe in god and heaven or just any form of afterlife where I get to see my loved ones again but I just don't believe... My problem is that it really depresses me to the point where I'm upset regularly at the thought that I won't see my loved ones again.

Seek professional help.

Do not worry about the future if all you do is get stressed about it
As I said before, I am a believer but I won't attempt for you to become religious. You may well have a bit of post natal depression. You need to talk to your GP or health visitor on Monday or if things are too bad to cope over the weekend then phone out of hours GP or NHS direct. My sister was very tearful and low for over a year after giving birth.
(May 31, 2013 at 6:44 pm)mamatobabybear Wrote: it hurts to think we won't be together after thus life. I don't want to enjoy or love him anymore as its upsetting that I won't be with him after death.

I must be becoming cynical but this does not strike me as a normal reaction for an atheist. Who else thinks about 'after this life' but theists?

Is it just me or are we getting more and more theists trying to make points by masquerading as one of us? (Apologies if I'm way off base here. Maybe I'm paranoid.)
(May 31, 2013 at 7:55 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(May 31, 2013 at 6:44 pm)mamatobabybear Wrote: it hurts to think we won't be together after thus life. I don't want to enjoy or love him anymore as its upsetting that I won't be with him after death.

I must be becoming cynical but this does not strike me as a normal reaction for an atheist. Who else thinks about 'after this life' but theists?

Is it just me or are we getting more and more theists trying to make points by masquerading as one of us? (Apologies if I'm way off base here. Maybe I'm paranoid.)

(May 31, 2013 at 8:01 pm)phil77 Wrote:
(May 31, 2013 at 7:55 pm)whateverist Wrote: I must be becoming cynical but this does not strike me as a normal reaction for an atheist. Who else thinks about 'after this life' but theists?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 703 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Feeling lonely. Jehanne 3 313 April 26, 2022 at 6:32 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 456 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Feeling forced Ahriman 12 680 September 15, 2021 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Religious people get very little reps, it's xenophobia and religionism. WinterHold 353 25041 July 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 640 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Discovered: Valks very first interwebs post! no one 1 532 June 17, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Your chance to see Melania standing next to a horse's ass...that isn't named Trump arewethereyet 8 674 November 24, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Let's see your electric car do THIS... onlinebiker 18 1128 November 11, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How WON’T You Die? BrianSoddingBoru4 63 4160 June 17, 2020 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker