Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Paleo-Diet" Trashed!
"Paleo-Diet" Trashed!
The latest bit of New Age Woo-Woo gets raked over the coals.

http://hells-ditch.com/2012/08/archaeolo...aleo-diet/

Quote:When asked what she would tell people who wished to pursue a true paleolithic diet, Dr. Hoyes laughed harshly before replying. ”You really want to be paleo? Then don’t buy anything from a store. Gather and kill what you need to eat. Wild grasses and tubers, acorns, gophers, crickets- They all provide a lot of nutrition. You’ll spend a lot of energy gathering the stuff, of course, and you’re going to be hungry, but that’ll help you maintain that lean physique you’re after. And hunting down the neighbor’s cats for dinner because you’ve already eaten your way through the local squirrel population will probably give you all the exercise you’ll ever need.”

Summing up what many considered to be the main point of the entire conference, she told reporters:

“Look, the diet itself is sound; it’s the philosophy that’s bullshit. Eat what you want. Just leave the damn cavemen out of it.”
RE: "Paleo-Diet" Trashed!
My dad falls for this shit.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Dont even know what that is?
I know a lot of people who follows this diet. They are also cross fitters.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(June 1, 2013 at 12:22 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: My dad falls for this shit.

These whackos always ignore the fact that life expectancy in the paleolithic was about 25.
(June 1, 2013 at 12:22 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Dont even know what that is?

A diet based on eating only foods that were available to cavemen, essentially. Lots of meat, veg, and nothing processed. There's limitations on grains, since they weren't around back then.
yeah! sounds awsome! Salmonella, tapeworms, E coli, Trichinosis and other wonderfull stuff.
(June 1, 2013 at 12:50 pm)festive1 Wrote:
(June 1, 2013 at 12:22 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Dont even know what that is?

A diet based on eating only foods that were available to cavemen, essentially. Lots of meat, veg, and nothing processed. There's limitations on grains, since they weren't around back then.
Gonna be hard finding veggies that were available to "cavemen". Meat too, really. Amusingly, of the three things offered - grains are probably one of the first things available to "cavemen".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I know corn is a huge no-no if you're eating paleo, wheat too.
Yeah, I can understand corn, but wheat? Wheat is one of the few things that someone from a pre-ag time period might recognize as food. They won't know wtf a tomato is, for example. Id place a bet at 10-1 that these paleo types diets are "fully modern"....just sayin.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My new diet Cod 0 250 April 6, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Time for diet and exercise! Aractus 76 7314 March 20, 2014 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan