Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"morality" in bars/clubs
"morality" in bars/clubs
Whilst right and wrong don't exist ever, is it ever acceptable to go to night clubs/bars and harass and bully people?

I personally think it is, since anything goes morally.
RE: "morality" in bars/clubs
If you find it acceptable to get your ass kicked by the pissed off bar crowd, sure, then it's acceptable.

edit: Oh, and:

[Image: Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg]
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
It is? Lets get him guys!

Angry Lynch Mob
I wouldn't say it's generally "acceptable." This notion has to do with whether or not certain persons "accept" your behavior as appropriate. So I have to ask: acceptable to whom?
"I know what you are thinking about,' said Tweedledum: 'but it isn't so, nohow.'

'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." ~Tweedledum and Tweedledee discussing the finer points of logic
(June 5, 2013 at 9:52 am)ReasonableRuben Wrote: I wouldn't say it's generally "acceptable." This notion has to do with whether or not certain persons "accept" your behavior as appropriate. So I have to ask: acceptable to whom?

Acceptable to me, since anything goes. Everybody believes that anything goes.

i value empathy, but i don't see why it's wrong to assault women and men in clubs.

(June 5, 2013 at 9:50 am)littleendian Wrote: If you find it acceptable to get your ass kicked by the pissed off bar crowd, sure, then it's acceptable.

edit: Oh, and:

[Image: Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg]

lol.. do people have to be nice to each other?

Also, niceness is something I value.

Yeah, I contradict, but so what? people contradict all the time, human action is random, and humans are complex. and?
(June 5, 2013 at 9:58 am)dazzn Wrote: i value empathy, but i don't see why it's wrong to assault women and men in clubs.

Why not everywhere else? I'm intrigued why are you constricting it to clubs?
Is this a troll? (as if I have to ask)
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(June 5, 2013 at 10:06 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(June 5, 2013 at 9:58 am)dazzn Wrote: i value empathy, but i don't see why it's wrong to assault women and men in clubs.

Why not everywhere else? I'm intrigued why are you constricting it to clubs?

who says not everywhere else?

as for clubs/bars, well this is the setting for it.
You only like harassing women in bars because you're a white muslim. You're a real vanilla milk sheikh.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

as i said, prove my race and religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beauty, Morality, God, and a Table FrustratedFool 23 1887 October 8, 2023 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Is Moral Nihilism a Morality? vulcanlogician 140 10352 July 17, 2019 at 11:50 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Subjective Morality? mfigurski80 450 37524 January 13, 2019 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Acrobat
  Law versus morality robvalue 16 1343 September 2, 2018 at 7:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Objective morality: how would it affect your judgement/actions? robvalue 42 8312 May 5, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  dynamic morality vs static morality or universal morality Mystic 18 3561 May 3, 2018 at 10:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? Aegon 19 4445 March 14, 2018 at 6:42 pm
  Morality WinterHold 24 2879 November 1, 2017 at 1:36 pm
  What is morality? Mystic 48 6937 September 3, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Morality from the ground up bennyboy 66 10954 August 4, 2017 at 5:42 pm