Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question Area 69
Question Area 69
In reading the Rules I read the following:

Quote:Please take a photo of a picture ID and your member name written on something in the same photo. You can black out all identifying features of the ID, except the photo itself and the year of birth.

Why do you need to show the photo on the ID? You have no idea what I look like.

Thanks!
RE: Question Area 69
cause the stuff to be posted and seen there is 18+
(June 8, 2013 at 1:25 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: cause the stuff to be posted and seen there is 18+

Let me be more clear.

If I want to buy alcohol I hand them my ID.

They look at me.

They look at the picture on the ID.

They see if that's a picture of the person standing in front of them.

If I just take a picture of my ID and send it to you, what are you comparing the photo on it to? My avatar? Cause I look somewhat different.

I can take a photo ID of a black guy or asian woman and send it to you. You'll think, "Oh, Rahul is a black dude."

But I'm really white. You don't know. You've never seen me.
Well........

It is non of my buisness since I am not part of the forum staff.

But I guess they simply trust their members that they are being honest when sending in pics of their IDs.
Yeah well, there's no way to know that you didn't steal the ID from someone else... but people around here trust you nonetheless.
If I ask you to write your nic in a black marker, with the date and on a red piece of paper next to your ID before you send the picture to me, I can be pretty sure that you are you Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(June 8, 2013 at 1:12 pm)Rahul Wrote: Why do you need to show the photo on the ID? You have no idea what I look like.

Oh, lord, please help me resist the temptation to make a joke about fapping to people's ID photos.

Oops. Too late. Big Grin

In all seriousness, perhaps Tiberius will chime in on the matter, I believe he came up with the standard.
Is it worth it, more interesting then the rest of the forum ?

Now you all are making me curious ... Thinking
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
(June 8, 2013 at 2:22 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: If I ask you to write your nic in a black marker, with the date and on a red piece of paper next to your ID before you send the picture to me, I can be pretty sure that you are you Tongue

Unless I'm sitting here with another person's ID, receive your instructions, write my nic in a black marker with the date on a red piece of paper, take a picture of the paper and ID (which ain't mine), and email it to you.

Just sayin'.
What happened to area 54?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How about a "Member Announcement" area? Foxaèr 19 2125 November 1, 2017 at 10:41 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  A forum area for the FEMI Paradox dyresand 11 2698 July 19, 2015 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why can't I access 'area 69'? TruthWorthy 0 1042 April 19, 2015 at 6:57 am
Last Post: TruthWorthy
  Area 69 content Phatt Matt s 44 5855 March 27, 2014 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  The "Debate Area" KichigaiNeko 8 3012 February 18, 2014 at 7:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko