Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Swiss remain the enablers of white collar crime.
The Swiss remain the enablers of white collar crime.
link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22954374

Yet anger remains, especial in European countries which lose billions in taxmoney to those parasites!
An estimated 2 billion euros are lost each year in Germany to that country.
And the Swiss dont even seem to think that it is worth the effort of having a good releationship to any of their neighbours. Not only because they keep systems in place which benefit crime in Germany, France, Italy and every other place n the world but because they (swiss right wing parties) also have the audacity to campain with slogans against "criminal French and German guest workers".

As someone who likes to read history, I remember that in 1963 the French president Charles De Gaulle was so annoyed about the taxhaven Monaco at his doorstep that he sent the french army and navy to completly seal off the country from the outside world until it would agree to terms that prevented foreign citizens from eveading taxes.

Maybe that would be the right solution for the Swiss problem.
RE: The Swiss remain the enablers of white collar crime.
A) They and Liechtenstein are landlocked already.
B) You had them surrounded in the 40's, it didn't stop em.
C) One does not simply march into Switzerland.
D) From what I've heard the Americans are being dicks about expat citizens and taxes anyway, I hear many banks refuse to deal with US citizens cause of the hassle.
E) Demanding action from the Swiss seems to me to be utterly stupid, they'll just do the opposite to spite you and assert their independence.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(June 19, 2013 at 5:06 am)Stue Denim Wrote: A) They and Liechtenstein are landlocked already.

Lichtenstein is an insignificant little Dutchy

Quote:B) You had them surrounded in the 40's, it didn't stop em.

Everyone remaind in buisness with them. Guess where a great amount of nazi gold went? Where the most nazi officials hid their assets when it became clear that the war was ending? Who refused jews and other refugees entry? Who refused to handover crashed allied pilots? The Swiss were never boycotted.

Quote:C) One does not simply march into Switzerland.

I am not really suggesting a military boycott, and certainly not an invasion. I am merely reminding that 50 years ago, the European nations wouldnt have put up to this garbage.

Quote:D) From what I've heard the Americans are being dicks about expat citizens and taxes anyway, I hear many banks refuse to deal with US citizens cause of the hassle.

The current legislature isn`t just about the US, it also undermines the chances of future bills concerning European nations and the Swiss.

Quote:E) Demanding action from the Swiss seems to me to be utterly stupid, they'll just do the opposite to spite you and assert their independence.

No it doesn`t. And it doesn`t matter how they will react.

A country which keeps institutions in place which benefit crime in neighbouring countries always is a valid concern for those neighbouring countries.

It isn`t simply about tax evasion. I will try to find an article in english - it has been shown that the Swiss banking sector greatly benefits organised crime such as the Italian mob, human trafficers and others.
[quote='The Germans are coming' pid='465416'
Yet anger remains, especial in European countries which lose billions in taxmoney to those parasites!
[/quote]

Let me see if I understand you correctly. The German state requires certain taxes. German businesses and individuals think its too much and transfer assets to Switzerland to avoid paying taxes. How precisely do the Swiss become parasites?
(June 19, 2013 at 5:54 am)cato123 Wrote: Let me see if I understand you correctly. The German state requires certain taxes. German businesses and individuals think its too much and transfer assets to Switzerland to avoid paying taxes. How precisely do the Swiss become parasites?

For providing the institutions which make it able toget away unpunished with that crime and for refusing to cooperate with other nations. plus - benefiting from the crime.

This isn`t just Germany, it also involves France and Italy.
(June 19, 2013 at 6:01 am)The Germans are coming Wrote:
(June 19, 2013 at 5:54 am)cato123 Wrote: Let me see if I understand you correctly. The German state requires certain taxes. German businesses and individuals think its too much and transfer assets to Switzerland to avoid paying taxes. How precisely do the Swiss become parasites?

For providing the institutions which make it able toget away unpunished with that crime and for refusing to cooperate with other nations. plus - benefiting from the crime.

This isn`t just Germany, it also involves France and Italy.

I'm sympathetic to the 'not just Germany' claim, as I recall the article specifically called out the U.S.

My point is that the Swiss are innocent in this. If a state demands taxes and an entity within that state doesn't pay, then its a state enforcement issue. The Swiss are not bound by Germany's or the U.S.'s laws. If someone is avoiding taxes illegally, prosecute them. If someone is avoiding tax legally, then there is no argument other than some plea regarding civic duty. In either scenario, the Swiss cannot be held accountable.
And what about money laundry?

And in the end it is still a concern for the nation which loses up to 2 Billion euros a year. Doesn`t matter if the Swiss are a sovereign nation or not, they are essentialy helping thieves in foreign countries and therefor should be confronted with critizism.
(June 19, 2013 at 6:38 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: And what about money laundry?

And in the end it is still a concern for the nation which loses up to 2 Billion euros a year. Doesn`t matter if the Swiss are a sovereign nation or not, they are essentialy helping thieves in foreign countries and therefor should be confronted with critizism.

Money laundering is a crime. Prosecute those who engage in it!!!! Legally sending assets to a foreign account is NOT money laundering.

You seem to be intentionally evading my point. The Swiss are not robbing Germany of 2B euros, as you suggest. Germans are voluntarily sending money to Swiss accounts in lieu of paying German taxes. This is simply a German issue.

TGAC, I am by no means saying what German businesses/individuals are doing relative to tax obligations is right or wrong. I am only simply trying to get you to realize that the Swiss aren't accountable.
(June 19, 2013 at 6:54 am)cato123 Wrote: Money laundering is a crime. Prosecute those who engage in it!!!! Legally sending assets to a foreign account is NOT money laundering.

The thing about swiss accounts is that as a foreigner you are not required to show how you earned the money.

The Italian mob and various other organised criminal syndicates therefor love them.

Quote:You seem to be intentionally evading my point. The Swiss are not robbing Germany of 2B euros, as you suggest. Germans are voluntarily sending money to Swiss accounts in lieu of paying German taxes. This is simply a German issue.

It becomes a Swiss issue when the Swiss banks and authorities refuse to cooperate with the German authorities.

Why do you rephrase the word taxevasion into something that doesn`T sound like a crime.
Quote:TGAC, I am by no means saying what German businesses/individuals are doing relative to tax obligations is right or wrong. I am only simply trying to get you to realize that the Swiss aren't accountable.

They are very well accountable for their own laws which they put in place, and especialy for keeping them in place when those laws benefit friminals in other countries.
Yeah and their damn cheese has all those holes in it. What's up with that? They're just trying to rip off consumers by not giving them a full slice of cheese.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The white privilege to terrorize Foxaèr 116 8244 November 2, 2020 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Militias/BS white anxiety and toilet paper. Brian37 10 1171 October 29, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4361 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  White Christians are in retreat Minimalist 0 231 October 21, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3789 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  One Less Cunt In The White House Minimalist 0 367 June 5, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The SPLC - All White at the Top John V 29 4110 April 24, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  White House Gun Meeting Foxaèr 23 2158 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The White House, an adult daycare center. Jehanne 3 846 October 9, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  The biggest crime in the history of humanity WinterHold 16 2745 September 22, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet