Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars
Cars
okay so I'm back in business for a new car. Right now I'm just planning my moves... I plan on purchasing a car that's very practical, good/decent on gas mileage, has great features.

Whatever happened to being able to drop $20k and getting a SWEET deal out of it? Holy crap, REGULAR everyday vehicles go for 20k!

Anyways, I've been looking at a few so far:

Toyota Prius
Nissan Sentra
Scion IQ (this is what my gf wants)
Honda Civic (duh)

I'm looking at about a $7,000 down payment. Any opinions?

<-- No kids (nor will have any), 2-door or 4-door, horsepower NOT a concern, sunroof desired, would LOVE bluetooth (I'm a total geek).
RE: Cars
You can never go wrong with a Civic. I drive an 03 Civic and it still works like clockwork.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

I originally purchased a Civic Si (2012) but ended up returning the vehicle after doing the math in my head. The loan that I got was 10.9% apr and after interest the vehicle would go from the sale price ($17,900) to $26,000 just between tax and interest (HOLY FUCK!).

So I brought it back...
I love our 2004 Civic. Though, if I was in the market, I'd get a Prius... It would save a bunch on gas since I mainly do city driving. We borrowed our nephew's Prius when we were out in Seattle, it drove well and had good visibility (I'm 5'2'', being able to see helps).
Put me down next to the "get a civic" category. My dad has one, fucking thing is legit.
(June 22, 2013 at 4:34 pm)Psykhronic Wrote: Put me down next to the "get a civic" category. My dad has one, fucking thing is legit.

Same here, my dad got one too. They're pretty decent. I'm pretty sure it's only a 4 banger, but if your not worried about horsepower than it shouldn't be a problem. They're easy to fix too, and have relatively few issues.
Yeah, once my dad's battery died completely but that's about it, wasn't too bad of a fix and my dad had it for years at that point. And that was like, the biggest fucking problem with the thing ever Tongue
Cars are an awesome social symbol and every person on earth needs one. They also don't emit pollutants into the air and atmosphere.
Don't disregard Hyundai. They have improved immensely.
My girlfriend and I kind of both said .. .WE'RE GOING JAPANESE DAMMIT lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cars - Do you drive a manual or automatic? Dystopia 50 7293 November 18, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: lisah
  Ugly cars in the 60s to 90s Tea Earl Grey Hot 21 12952 December 24, 2012 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Working on cars Epimethean 6 1387 July 4, 2011 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Epimethean