Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working on cars
Working on cars
I'm finishing rebuilding the 302 in my old Grand Marquis this week. It is now essentially a Mustang motor, which should be fun. My father has been a mechanic (Porsche and Mercedes) since not long after he arrived here from Hungary. I was the only kid who got any joy out of seeing how the machines that carry us around work.

Anyone else wrench on their own vehicles?
Trying to update my sig ...
RE: Working on cars
I changed a tyre once.
Only when it seriously pisses me off. I lack any sort of mechanical know how when it comes to cars, I just hit things when they malfunction (can't break it if it's already broke).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I've got a Lamborghini Muira P400 in parts in a seacontainer. It will be re-assembled in 2020.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
You, sir, are an astonishingly lucky and a potentially cursed man. I used to hang out at a shop run by a guy who specialized in Lamborghinis and Aston Martins. I had a very rapid ride in an Countach Quattrovalvole, and an even faster ride in an Aston Martin Vantage. Growing up around Porsches, I had gone over 140 by the time I was five. LOL, my mother was taken to the hospital in a client's Rolls Royce Silver Cloud when it was time to give birth to me.

I grew up auto-crossing classic Minis.
I despise working on cars. Oh, and I'm the unofficial mechanic for my family. Dodgy

I need a simple method of doing the tire alignment on an Odyssey. :S
There are sight line methods, but on that van, better to use the mechanical methods.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xmas working... LastPoet 10 685 December 26, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Cars - Do you drive a manual or automatic? Dystopia 50 7320 November 18, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: lisah
  Working Floating Schedules wolf39us 5 1094 June 29, 2014 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Shaggy
  Cars wolf39us 22 3325 June 25, 2013 at 4:46 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Ugly cars in the 60s to 90s Tea Earl Grey Hot 21 12956 December 24, 2012 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  The morality of the working class. Brian37 4 1775 October 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Working on social skills this summer zentor 27 9834 June 2, 2012 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Epimethean