Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contradiction of greatest
Contradiction of greatest
It seems to me that one of the most hanous contradictions in the bible seems to be the most overlooked. I guess you could say its more of a lie than a Contradiction or a little of both depending on how you look at it...

Corinthians 13:4
This is the definition of love......So how then could a God who claims to "LOVE" us, send ANYONE to hell?!?

"oh man I love you " here is your lake of fire that you get to burn in forever... Happy birthday
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
RE: Contradiction of greatest
For anybody unfamiliar, I think the verse in reference is:

The Good Book Wrote:4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Indeed, it does seem in stark contrast with the concept of hell and the amount of murders God commanded and committed.
And the few statements like those are what Xtians remember... the hundreds of evil statements often go ignored for the dozen or so good ones. Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
God transcends puny human understanding of love.

Just throwing that in there to save Frodo and/or Arcanus the trouble.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(September 18, 2009 at 8:02 pm)Dotard Wrote: God transcends puny human understanding of love.

(Oh, I didn't mean to quote you there. Still figuring out how this forum works)

Well, God seems to be bipolar and a hypocrite, just like me!

(I can't post George Carlin's video about religion but you can type George Carlin Religion on Youtube...)

Well said George Carlin...
(September 28, 2009 at 12:49 am)GrayAreas Wrote:
(September 18, 2009 at 8:02 pm)Dotard Wrote: God transcends puny human understanding of love.

(Oh, I didn't mean to quote you there. Still figuring out how this forum works)

Well, God seems to be bipolar and a hypocrite, just like me!

(I can't post George Carlin's video about religion but you can type George Carlin Religion on Youtube...)

Well said George Carlin...

You're free to embed them, happens often on these forums.
(September 28, 2009 at 1:03 am)theVOID Wrote: You're free to embed them, happens often on these forums.

...After you've made a few posts
(September 18, 2009 at 4:48 pm)Xyster Wrote: (Corinthians 13:4) This is the definition of love. So how, then, could a God who claims to "LOVE" us send ANYONE to hell?

God sends people he loves to hell? Where do you get that idea from?
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)
Why would god send people he loves to hell? Just wondering.

He might be sending people he hates to hell. DevilDevil

But how could this be possible true? God loves everybody. Or so it seems.

Amp
(September 30, 2009 at 11:28 am)Amphora Wrote: But how could this be possible true? God loves everybody. Or so it seems.

People that reject him put themselves in Hell. Da big bloke don't want dis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is God a logical contradiction? Tom Fearnley 561 39985 February 28, 2020 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Greatest Wikipedia page of all time? Mudhammam 11 1720 August 5, 2014 at 9:10 am
Last Post: ignoramus