Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:42 am

Poll: Are Kanye's actions premeditated?
This poll is closed.
Yes, his actions are premeditated
42.86%
3 42.86%
No way Rhizo, that makes no sense!
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kanye is the Black Andy Kaufman
Kanye is the Black Andy Kaufman
Is it just me or does it seem that Kanye is working the infamy angle to gain notoriety? Admittedly not funny but much of Andy's public displays of misanthropy were decidedly not funny. If Kanye starts wrestling women or some such other strange transgender (Back during Andy's time it didn't have anything to do with surgery) thing, then my comparison will be more correct.

Eilonnwy,

I watched the video you posted and that is some grade A asshatery.

Rhizo
Shocked 
RE: Kanye is the Black Andy Kaufman
(September 19, 2009 at 2:40 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote:

HHAHAhaaha, Kanye certainly is the new "HOT" thing this week... and maybe for the month. Acting an ass on the VMA to Taylor, getting called a Jackass by the President! I'm not sure if he's trying to work his angle a bit. He weeped like a little bitch on multiple videos about the incident. Infamous yes, notorious also yes... for being an asshole.

But from my POV, utter gold! This is just hilarious to me, but it'll all turn out to be remembered faintly like certain tards on American Idol, or any other mistakes these famous turds make.
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
Fuck. I wanted the "I don't know" Option :S

Guess I better just not vote...

EvF
Kanye was heavily drinking before the VMAs, if that gives any light to the situation
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Ahh, well then it probably wasn't premeditated and Kanye is just a dooche! I always want there to be more to the story when something this outrageous happens but I guess people do dumb shit for no reason all the time around me so why would I expect musicians to be any different.

Rhizo
I really don't think that was premeditated... that was a little too assholish to be planned by all of them. ;\\
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
Yeah, I think I agree! Kanye IS just a douche nozzle!

Rhizo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Orange is the New Black" on Atheism ScienceAf 33 3810 September 10, 2016 at 1:05 am
Last Post: ScienceAf
  Black Christians... dyresand 6 1637 December 9, 2014 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BLACK CHRISTIANS- [SNIP] AugumentAthiest666 2 982 December 8, 2014 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: abaris
  atheism amongst black Americans DramaQueen 27 3849 August 20, 2014 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Goosebump
  Cognitive Mechanisms - Andy Thomson - American Atheists 09 KichigaiNeko 5 3337 January 10, 2012 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  black people and god xxxtobymac 3 1249 October 31, 2011 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  ‘Out of the Closet’ — Black Atheists leo-rcc 17 8043 June 14, 2009 at 6:27 am
Last Post: LEDO