Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poland almoust like in Texas
Poland almoust like in Texas
Poland is the most conservative country in Europe and alot of it if not all has to do with catholicism. If you want to understand European politics or the societies of that continent in general you have to know that there is a splitt through that continent which parts it into a catholic and protestant part of which the catholic part is poorer and more conservative.
In recent years the power of the catholic church has weekend in most parts of catholic Europe. Spain was rocked by several scandels reveiling crimes by the church during the Franco dictatorship, Ireland draw a line after the massive amount of child abuse cases were reveiled and practicaly sent the church out of politics over night.

Only Poland it seems is geting more and more crazy.

It is the only country in Europe in which monumental medieval style cathedrals are being built. Whilest in the rest of Europe, churches are being sold and redecorated into shops, restaurants and bars. Statues of Jesus pop up throughout the country and the countries right wing is continuously bluring the line set by the seperation of religion and state (unthinkable in most other European countries (actualy all)).

Recently I heard of this event:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/euro...10035.html

Quote:Followers of a charismatic Ugandan priest packed a Warsaw stadium this weekend. It wasn't just an ordinary worship ceremony, though. Father John Bashobora is famed for his talents as an exorcist.

The scenery reminded me of evangelical events in the American bible belt, in those "mega churches" that they have.
It seems like Poland is becoming an enclave of a long gone christian right wing, which has lost all it`s power everywhere else in Europe.
RE: Poland almoust like in Texas
It's not almost like in Texas/Bible Belt. It's much worse than that. I'm just glad that I don't live in that backward ass country.
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

(July 8, 2013 at 11:00 pm)wwjs Wrote: It's not almost like in Texas/Bible Belt. It's much worse than that. I'm just glad that I don't live in that backward ass country.

I actualy really like Gdanzk (or Danzig) which is a very modern and cultured city. It`s mainly the countryside form which such movements have their origin.

oh yeah - and in the case of Poland, resistance against the Ussr was mainly defined through catholic labor unions, so in the 1990s Polish nationality was redefined for most conservatives, meaning that being polish for them also means being catholic. Something the catholic church took advantage of to literaly cement it`s power. And no where else did they use that power that much. The most watched polish TV show is a soap about a priest. Catholic radio shows and stations (even antisemetic) are listened to throughout the country. And everything the pope has to say is a top story in the news.

Isn`t it ironic that there is more antisemitism today in Poland, than there is in Germany?
(July 8, 2013 at 10:39 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Poland is the most conservative country in Europe and alot of it if not all has to do with catholicism. If you want to understand European politics or the societies of that continent in general you have to know that there is a splitt through that continent which parts it into a catholic and protestant part of which the catholic part is poorer and more conservative.
In recent years the power of the catholic church has weekend in most parts of catholic Europe. Spain was rocked by several scandels reveiling crimes by the church during the Franco dictatorship, Ireland draw a line after the massive amount of child abuse cases were reveiled and practicaly sent the church out of politics over night.

Only Poland it seems is geting more and more crazy.

It is the only country in Europe in which monumental medieval style cathedrals are being built. Whilest in the rest of Europe, churches are being sold and redecorated into shops, restaurants and bars. Statues of Jesus pop up throughout the country and the countries right wing is continuously bluring the line set by the seperation of religion and state (unthinkable in most other European countries (actualy all)).

Recently I heard of this event:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/euro...10035.html

Quote:Followers of a charismatic Ugandan priest packed a Warsaw stadium this weekend. It wasn't just an ordinary worship ceremony, though. Father John Bashobora is famed for his talents as an exorcist.

The scenery reminded me of evangelical events in the American bible belt, in those "mega churches" that they have.
It seems like Poland is becoming an enclave of a long gone christian right wing, which has lost all it`s power everywhere else in Europe.

You know what poland needs? It needs to have one of it's neighboring countries to come in there (I don't want to use the word invade) and shake things up a bit. They need to "Oust" the current Govermental and Religious leaders and have a more "Social" minded goverment be installed in it's place. One that embraces the religion of the people at first, but what they really are doing is make small changes in that religion to it in order to "reprogram" the populace so that this new 'socially minded' goverment can indoctrin.. I mean teach the people of poland with whatever propagand.... I mean 'socially' minded concerns that this new Goverment deems Manditory..

Only if one of Poland's neighbors would be so bold as to help them into the 20th I mean 21 century, But who could 'help' (Themselves) to Poland?
Thinking
Nice try there Drich, no one is suggesting a hostile takeover of any country. You think because atheists object to theocracies which are a form of fascism, that we want state fascism? How about neither?

Being godless does not make us fascists. You want to know what a country run on religion looks like, go move to Iran.
(July 9, 2013 at 9:12 am)Drich Wrote: You know what poland needs? It needs to have one of it's neighboring countries to come in there (I don't want to use the word invade) and shake things up a bit. They need to "Oust" the current Govermental and Religious leaders and have a more "Social" minded goverment be installed in it's place. One that embraces the religion of the people at first, but what they really are doing is make small changes in that religion to it in order to "reprogram" the populace so that this new 'socially minded' goverment can indoctrin.. I mean teach the people of poland with whatever propagand.... I mean 'socially' minded concerns that this new Goverment deems Manditory..

Only if one of Poland's neighbors would be so bold as to help them into the 20th I mean 21 century, But who could 'help' (Themselves) to Poland?
Thinking

Go and suck Godwin`s dick somewhere else Drich!

I am veteraned by birth against this brainless nonsence!
Drich is to be distinguished from most other Christian morons on this forum. Most other morons occasionally slack off and say things that's not totally idiotic. Drich is 100% idiotic 100% percent of the time.
You guys are retards.

I was making fun of TGAC by describing what the Nazi's did in the 1938 to Poland. That generation like TGAC did not like how poland was being governed (by the jews) so they did what I was describing to.

I was supprized that TGAC would find this so offensive as you guys are known for your humor
Uhhh, no, retard. The Nazis didn't care how poland was governed. They wanted there to be no poles to govern.

Nazis like to think land between Oder and Urals were all Germany's liebestraum, and didn't appreciate the fact that the 190 million slavs who lived on it had to eat. They had a plan to dwindle the population of poles down to zero in 30 years by starvation, sterilization, infanticide and intentionally murderous forced migrations.

UNlike what some uninformed Americans thinks, the Nazi had far grander plans for genocide than liquidating European Jews. Had they won WWII the holocaust against the jews would have paled next to the holocaust against the slavs.
(July 9, 2013 at 1:44 pm)Drich Wrote: I was supprized that TGAC would find this so offensive as you guys are known for your humor

Why do I have the sudden urge to overreact to this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baptists in Texas don't support Biden Foxaèr 12 1449 January 7, 2021 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Go Texas, Houston and the RCC Investigation Fireball 2 359 November 29, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9287 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Fucking Texas, Again.... Minimalist 29 5461 September 15, 2014 at 10:44 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  The Polish rebel priest, how Poland is slowly becoming less religious Something completely different 1 1486 July 17, 2013 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: wwjs