Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fucking Texas, Again....
Fucking Texas, Again....
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/12/te...s-history/

Quote:Texas textbooks once again pushing exaggerated claims about religion’s role in US history

Another burden for American students to overcome is having text books written by total fucking assholes.
RE: Fucking Texas, Again....
Soooooo glad I did not grow up in that state...funny enough my Dad did and he's about as atheist as it gets and always has been so there is hope lol.
~*~Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does ~*~

~*~Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones - Marcus Aurelius~*~
It baffles me that one state is making textbooks for the whole country.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

chock one up for the good guys and the truth!
(September 12, 2014 at 1:46 pm)Drich Wrote: chock one up for the good guys and the truth!

So, you don't really care about historical accuracy as long as your religion is inserted into the textbooks. It's all about scoring a point against "the other team"! Proper, well researched and accurate education resources be damned.
(September 12, 2014 at 1:46 pm)Drich Wrote: chock one up for the good guys and the truth!

Liars and revisionists are the good guys now? Lies are the truth?
Drippy thinks its his duty to lie for his fucking god.

Drippy isn't really very big on those fucking commandments of his. He's more from the Josef Goebbels school.
Why don't they shove the textbooks up their asses?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Well, at least you're now admitting that you're happy accepting demonstrably false claims, and pretending that they're true, just so long as they align with your unthinking ideological agenda.

Yet more reason not to take anything you say remotely seriously, I guess. Rolleyes

Edited to add: Oh, not to mention selling out the education of children to advance the cause of your church. You're a real piece of work. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
This is also the state that voted to remove mention of institutional racism, and to remove Thomas Jefferson from the curriculum of influential political philosophers because he was for separation of church and state.

I have come to expect stupid from Texas, even if they do have nice roads.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baptists in Texas don't support Biden Foxaèr 12 1373 January 7, 2021 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Go Texas, Houston and the RCC Investigation Fireball 2 345 November 29, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 8890 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Pope Takes A Crack At Fucking Over The WLB Minimalist 29 4455 August 5, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Tell Me Again How Great Fucking Xtians Are Minimalist 44 13255 June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Apparently The Fucking Baptists Have A Problem Minimalist 19 6564 June 25, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 12539 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Fucking Morons Minimalist 7 2234 February 5, 2016 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Fucking Catholics Caught Again.... Minimalist 33 5798 November 27, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why 'God' Is A fucking Dick Minimalist 5 2814 October 23, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: AFTT47