Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind faith and evolution
Blind faith and evolution
Two distant things and yet some people with blind faith say that they believe in evolution.
Is that possible? Does it make any sense?
Usually blind faith is associated with religion but not always.
Here i am talking about some atheist.
Many atheist believe that by a strange and mysterious combination one born as a human out of nothing due to him-her and other born as plants, worms, insects or animals also out of nothing.
In this way there is no evolution of consciousness.
A worm with his primitive consciousness came in existence just for pure bad luck on the other hand a human being came in existence with his-her more developed consciousness just by good luck.
So where is the evolution of conscience that suppose to be build up as the life progress from lower to higher form of lives?
Is perhaps that we born as humans because humanity has developed for long time and we follow this wave of development?
So if this is true then we are not responsible for our development as the wave of collective progress moves us along anyway.
What a wishful thinking to believe that our consciousness is build up in just a lifetime thanks also to the progress that humans have done since human existence.
Sorry but the very science related to evolution that many believe in contradict this blind faith therefore anyone believing in blind chances has really nothing to do with evolution.Angel
RE: Blind faith and evolution
Is there a point to this?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(July 17, 2013 at 10:26 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Is there a point to this?

I see neither a point nor coherence.

1) To show the contradiction in believing in two opposite things.
2) To show how silly is to criticizing religious blind faith when the person criticizing is floating him-herself in blind faith of different nature.
3) To hear from anyone who can justify this kind of blind faith so to enter into a discussion with the scope to understand better each other view.Smile
Belief in evolution does not require faith. Try again.
Or just stop trying.

Yes. He wanted to prove blind chance could never give him coherence, much less soundness or validity.
(July 17, 2013 at 10:38 am)Psykhronic Wrote:

I see neither a point nor coherence.

I was reading a post in which a guy say that he develop in what he is from the time of his birth.
That did not make any sense to me as i believe that consciousness is build up over a long long time.
A life time does not correspond even to one year of school if you want to get a degree in something.
Now to say that in one lifetime you can get to a very high stage of consciousness is like to say that with one year of school you can get a degree.
(July 17, 2013 at 10:24 am)enrico Wrote: Two distant things and yet some people with blind faith say that they believe in evolution.

It has nothing to do with belief, it is knowledge.

Quote:Is that possible? Does it make any sense?

Yes and yes.

Quote:Many atheist believe

Let me fix this for you: Many, who are educated and/or understand biology, understand evolution, regardless of religious convictions.

Quote:that by a strange and mysterious combination one born as a human out of nothing due to him-her and other born as plants, worms, insects or animals also out of nothing.

It's neither strange nor mysterious (actually, it would be a lot stranger if a human gave birth to a plant, I say.) And not out of nothing, but every living thing is 'built' according to it's DNA.

Quote:In this way there is no evolution of consciousness.

Of course not. Evolution only deals with how certain traits are handed down through the generations via DNA. It does not deal with the philosophical notion of consciousness.

Quote:A worm with his primitive consciousness came in existence just for pure bad luck on the other hand a human being came in existence with his-her more developed consciousness just by good luck.

Good luck, bad luck? What do you know of the secret life of a worm? Maybe it's more 'unlucky' to be born a human. No, a human becomes a human thanks thank to it's parents.

Quote:So where is the evolution of conscience that suppose to be build up as the life progress from lower to higher form of lives?
Is perhaps that we born as humans because humanity has developed for long time and we follow this wave of development?
So if this is true then we are not responsible for our development as the wave of collective progress moves us along anyway.
What a wishful thinking to believe that our consciousness is build up in just a lifetime thanks also to the progress that humans have done since human existence.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking that your inadequate ramblings are more worth than decades of study and research.

Tl;dr: You sir are a stupid schmuck.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(July 17, 2013 at 10:45 am)cato123 Wrote: Belief in evolution does not require faith. Try again.

You are off track.
I am talking about the contradiction of believing in two opposite.
How can anyone believe in evolution when at the same time not believing in consciousness progress and evolution which can only come from lower form of life to higher form of life and therefore comport reincarnation.
How can you expect to get a higher form of consciousness in just a life time?
Where this higher consciousness suppose to come from?
From Santa?Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plato's Epistemology: Is Faith a Valid Way to Know? vulcanlogician 10 1328 July 2, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Symbolic Death and My Second Crisis of Faith InquiringMind 13 2617 September 21, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: InquiringMind
  Faith and achievement bennyboy 76 7959 August 17, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Faith in Science? Mudhammam 15 3233 October 30, 2014 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  Our society values blind optimism. MusicLovingAtheist 27 5693 October 22, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is Evolution a science or a faith? Harris 295 63219 August 18, 2014 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  My Loss of faith has caused severe depression Aran 31 6957 June 21, 2013 at 2:41 am
Last Post: whatever76
  The difference between ethical atheism and nihlism is that ethical atheists have more faith jstrodel 104 36094 March 15, 2013 at 8:37 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Please stop equating 'belief' and 'faith' Ryft 3 1952 January 4, 2011 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Faith in Humanity Violet 21 15710 March 17, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Violet