Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theist provides scientific evidence of an afterlife
Theist provides scientific evidence of an afterlife
Seen on Facebook. I did not engage them (I just removed them as a friend Tongue ). Have a read. It's a short read.

Quote:The human body produces a form of energy in electricity. Science says energy cannot be created or destroyed, it simply moves somewhere else. I believe that's all the scientific proof I need for an afterlife, other than what my religion teaches me which only adds to the strength of my beliefs.

Angel Cloud
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: Theist provides scientific evidence of an afterlife
You should have asked him to stop eating, drinking and engaging in any physical activities.

Then we will see if "energy" comes from nothing.
(July 18, 2013 at 6:44 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Seen on Facebook. I did not engage them (I just removed them as a friend Tongue ). Have a read. It's a short read.

Quote:The human body produces a form of energy in electricity. Science says energy cannot be created or destroyed, it simply moves somewhere else. I believe that's all the scientific proof I need for an afterlife, other than what my religion teaches me which only adds to the strength of my beliefs.

Angel Cloud

ROFLOL
My car's alternator produce a form of energy in electricity too. So what do things that never lived in this life do in afterlife?
Why would you remove someone with PhD in physics from your friends list? Because that person had PhD... right?
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

I am now dumber for having read that.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I want to know why Derp was on your friends list in the first place.
So... much... fail... the goggles... they do nothing..!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
So I guess when I buy batteries from the store they should last forever, right?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
No, because once used, the electricity goes on to the afterlife.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 18, 2013 at 10:20 pm)bennyboy Wrote: I want to know why Derp was on your friends list in the first place.

My friends list is a crazy mix between extremely religious Catholics and anti-theist atheists. And most of them, on both sides, are part of my (extended) family. Thanksgiving gets a little wild, but I try to stay away from those arguments.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Neurosurgeon Provides Evidence Against Materialism Guard of Guardians 41 4229 June 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 11645 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Testimony is Evidence RoadRunner79 588 116864 September 13, 2017 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true? Mudhammam 268 31272 February 3, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  Anecdotal Evidence RoadRunner79 395 51678 December 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What philosophical evidence is there against believing in non-physical entities? joseph_ 150 12409 September 3, 2016 at 11:26 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Afterlife Torin 127 11887 August 17, 2016 at 6:51 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Afterlife, I'd be happy if it were true..... maestroanth 35 3709 June 12, 2016 at 3:13 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The nature of evidence Wryetui 150 15302 May 6, 2016 at 6:21 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Witness Evidence RoadRunner79 248 36136 December 17, 2015 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy