Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woohoo! They got a life sentence!
Woohoo! They got a life sentence!
I tend to be against the death penalty. For some people I am willing to make an exception though (ok, propably not - but maybe just a tiny bit of torture?)

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/...ailed-life

Quote:The couple kept him locked for long periods in a tiny, unheated box room, which he had to use as a toilet, at the family home in Coventry. They ordered him to adopt stress positions used by torturers and to go on endurance runs around the house.

When the pair believed he had misbehaved they threw him into cold baths and his mother once boasted that she had almost drowned him, while his sibling, who cannot be identified, reported that they had once seen the boy's head being held under water.

How can anyone do that to another human being (especially her own child)?
RE: Woohoo! They got a life sentence!
I only object to the death penalty in practice. In theory, I think it is justified, and I wouldn't hesitate to put two people like this down.

This part particularly pissed me off...

Quote:In mitigation, Stephen Linehan QC, for Luczak, had asked the judge not to "snuff out" hope for her. "This young woman came to this country hoping for a better life and now she is facing a life in prison. She has lost everything. Her situation is truly desperate."

Maybe she should have thought about that before she was torturing her own son.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I hope other inmates really have a go at these two. I wonder what's going to happen to the boy's sibling?
(August 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm)ITChick Wrote: I tend to be against the death penalty. For some people I am willing to make an exception though (ok, propably not - but maybe just a tiny bit of torture?)

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/...ailed-life

Quote:The couple kept him locked for long periods in a tiny, unheated box room, which he had to use as a toilet, at the family home in Coventry. They ordered him to adopt stress positions used by torturers and to go on endurance runs around the house.

When the pair believed he had misbehaved they threw him into cold baths and his mother once boasted that she had almost drowned him, while his sibling, who cannot be identified, reported that they had once seen the boy's head being held under water.

How can anyone do that to another human being (especially her own child)?

Look at those people. Do they look like normal people to you? They are probably junkies.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(August 5, 2013 at 4:49 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Look at those people. Do they look like normal people to you? They are probably junkies.

Define "normal people" please. Judge people by their actions, not their appearance.
Cunt
(August 5, 2013 at 4:50 pm)frankiej Wrote:
(August 5, 2013 at 4:49 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Look at those people. Do they look like normal people to you? They are probably junkies.

Define "normal people" please. Judge people by their actions, not their appearance.

They look like junkies.
What is there to be said?
Junkies are obviously not normal people.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Being a junkie doesn't justify what they did. I assume you're trying to look at the factors behind the mistreatment, am I right?
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(August 5, 2013 at 4:55 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: Being a junkie doesn't justify what they did. I assume you're trying to look at the factors behind the mistreatment, am I right?

I don't think he's trying to justify their actions. I think he is saying that they appear to be worthless people.

He's big on judging people by superficial means.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 5, 2013 at 4:55 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote:

Being a junkie doesn't justify what they did. I assume you're trying to look at the factors behind the mistreatment, am I right?

Did I say it justifies it? I just think that they look like junkies to me, and they probably are.
Most people who misteat their children like this are usually antisocial people who are involved in drugs.
Quote:He's big on judging people by superficial means.
Well, sometimes thats usually enough.
(August 5, 2013 at 4:10 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I hope other inmates really have a go at these two. I wonder what's going to happen to the boy's sibling?

I found myself using that phrase myself when talling about cases with more public attention surrounding the sentencing of people who commited horible crimes.

But I came to asking myself, Why should one accept prison to be some kind of resevoir in which people can rape and murder each other out of sight from the rest of the public.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dang I Got the Virus LinuxGal 1 495 December 20, 2022 at 10:27 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Gas and Go smoke em if you got em. Taxes. Brian37 25 1800 October 12, 2021 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Marxism, what you got? Spongebob 237 11790 August 31, 2021 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  I got a Stimulus check. Brian37 51 2469 August 5, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 935 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump Considers Commuting Sentence of Rod Blogojevich AFTT47 10 1351 August 10, 2019 at 12:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Orange Shitgibbon Got Played Minimalist 2 426 July 31, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Looks Like The WLB Got Hoodwinked Minimalist 53 5939 June 14, 2018 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Seems Roy Moore Got Tired of Waiting For Jesus To Get Off His Ass Minimalist 32 5511 January 3, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  So will Trump and his supporters understand that they won't always get what they want NuclearEnergy 0 953 April 29, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy