Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Considers Commuting Sentence of Rod Blogojevich
Trump Considers Commuting Sentence of Rod Blogojevich
Remember the scumbag Democratic governor of Illinois who tried to sell Barack Obama's vacated senate seat? Trump feels bad for him. No surprise; he's a kindred spirit.

It's good to see bipartisan camaraderie but it's a shame it's between the two worst examples of the major parties.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Trump Considers Commuting Sentence of Rod Blogojevich
Jared told him it would generate favor with dems, you know....like firing comey, lol.

That’s the best part of the whole bit. He really does have the best people.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 8, 2019 at 8:45 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Remember the scumbag Democratic governor of Illinois who tried to sell Barack Obama's vacated senate seat? Trump feels bad for him. No surprise; he's a kindred spirit.

It's good to see bipartisan camaraderie but it's a shame it's between the two worst examples of the major parties.

This reported move by Trump makes no sense at all. It's a terrible move if Trump does this. Also, with Blago being on Trump's TV show, there is more than a whiff of personal favoritism in this.
(August 8, 2019 at 9:08 pm)BryanS Wrote:
(August 8, 2019 at 8:45 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Remember the scumbag Democratic governor of Illinois who tried to sell Barack Obama's vacated senate seat? Trump feels bad for him. No surprise; he's a kindred spirit.

This reported move by Trump makes no sense at all. It's a terrible move if Trump does this. Also, with Blago being on Trump's TV show, there is more than a whiff of personal favoritism in this.

Yeah, his pardoning Arpaio makes sense, even on a "motherfucker after mine own heart" level, but Blagojevich? Seriously? Is this just him giving the okay to ANY political corruption?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Trump probably figured that after making the most of the utter spinelessness and cynical unprincipledness of the Republican Party for his own gains at the expense of their long term prospects, he would be wise to hedge his his bets and make sure that when the Republican Party is in the wilderness puking with hangover after he leaves office, the most corrupt amongst the democrats will have a soft spot for him and his family.
Ya gotta remember......

Berfore President Trump was a sleazy DC Repiublican he was a sleazy New York Democrat....

It's no small wonder he finds Bloggo kindred...
And Blagojevich is an Illinois Democrat, which I’m fairly certain is part of another political machine altogether.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(August 9, 2019 at 1:10 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Trump probably figured that after making the most of the utter spinelessness and cynical unprincipledness of the Republican Party for his own gains at the expense of their long term prospects, he would be wise to hedge his his bets and make sure that when the Republican Party is in the wilderness puking with hangover after he leaves office, the most corrupt amongst the democrats will have a soft spot for him and his family.

Hedging his bets is the only way this makes sense.
(August 9, 2019 at 12:18 pm)BryanS Wrote:
(August 9, 2019 at 1:10 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Trump probably figured that after making the most of the utter spinelessness and cynical unprincipledness of the Republican Party for his own gains at the expense of their long term prospects, he would be wise to hedge his his bets and make sure that when the Republican Party is in the wilderness puking with hangover after he leaves office, the most corrupt amongst the democrats will have a soft spot for him and his family.

Hedging his bets is the only way this makes sense.

He maybe good for nothing else, but he does have an eye for the main chance where survival is concerned.
(August 8, 2019 at 9:08 pm)BryanS Wrote:

You would think, right? Trump is feeling sympathy for a guy who tried to sell a US Senate seat to the highest bidder. Can you imagine the political fallout for a sitting president doing such a thing? Yet here he is, doing it. Can the quality of the voters possibly have fallen this far? I guess we'll find out in 2020.

We're in dystopian sci-fi territory here. Could anyone of the pre-21st century imagine things in the USA getting so bad that a sitting president could possibly avoid political suicide by voicing support for a guy who attempted to sell a US Senate seat? Is Mad Max any stranger than this?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 982 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36689 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I Don't Know If This Is Necessary, Rod. Minimalist 2 287 September 21, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3071 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4028 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1635 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1268 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Rape sentence reverberates across India pocaracas 27 7481 September 18, 2013 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Woohoo! They got a life sentence! ITChick 19 6226 August 7, 2013 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy