Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome everyone!
Welcome everyone!
Welcome everyone! It's good to see you there! I am very excited about this forum and wanted to greet you.

I want to write a little bit about myself. I live in a relatively (and fairly annoyingly) religious country, thus have been remarkably overwhelmed due to this fact. I do not believe in any sort of mainstream religion and ignore every single statement that is not supported by scientific evidences. When I was a teenager I knew evolution and big bang theory was correct; and thusly I have become an atheist; however, as I observed the believing nature of human beings I have seen that, psychologically, religion is helping humans to motivate and audit themselves. On the other hand, I am not denying the fact that human beings can live properly and motivate themselves without any sort of religion or dogma. I simply don't feel the necessity of religion but an artificial realm consciously created in order to make people happy, not miserable.

Please don't think the religion I believe in something like Pastafarianism; but it is also not something like Christianity, Islam, or even ancient Pagan beliefs like Tengrism, Norse or Shamanism. When I normally observe the world, I reason with the laws of physics without any dogma; but I managed myself to travel to a spiritual world I created, with my own neurons,[/b] as a perfect mixture of polytheism, pantheism and animism.

I shall conclude my very first entry here. I wish a nice day for everyone. Cheers.
RE: Welcome everyone!
Howdy!
Cunt
Welcome
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Hi @frankiej and @Faith_No_More, I hope I'll learn a lot from you and this forum.
Welcome Enjoy the forums.
Yo hello and a warm welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 5, 2013 at 4:59 pm)Eio Wrote: Hi @frankiej and @Faith_No_More, I hope I'll learn a lot from you and this forum.

Well, you won't learn anything but nonsense from me. Smile
Cunt

Greetings.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Hi there!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 5, 2013 at 4:50 pm)Eio Wrote: Welcome everyone! It's good to see you there! I am very excited about this forum and wanted to greet you.

Greetings, and welcome to the forums. I'm new here myself. I'm finding most people I've interacted with here to be well educated/informed, or at least fairly good at faking it. Wink Shades
Have fun.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  welcome JBrentonK! JBrentonK 40 4287 October 14, 2015 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Welcome Assholes. fattychan 19 2837 May 27, 2015 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Big Grin A Warm Welcome to All of You learncritic 19 3643 May 27, 2015 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
Wink Welcome to My World FrederickSebastian 5 1020 April 4, 2015 at 5:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Welcome RonaldReagansGhost666 13 1463 December 23, 2014 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Welcome! Richzx6r 6 1089 December 23, 2014 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  WELCOME MY FELLOW CARDERS m3th0d 5 1516 April 13, 2014 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Warm welcome Koolay 12 2678 June 30, 2013 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  Welcome Dogtrainer19! puglover 0 1276 January 2, 2009 at 5:28 am