Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
multiple sclerosis
multiple sclerosis
I have been speaking to this girl for about a time now, and even though I kind of get the feeling that she likes me a lot, and I like her a lot, our mindsets are quite similar, and she's lovely and beautiful, she recently told me about this peculiar condition that she had. She only told me after I asked her times and times over why she told me "you deserve better".
I just couldn't fathom why she told me this. So she just recently told me that she had this condition.
Is it really so difficult for a person to date, and perhaps marry such a person in the future?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
RE: multiple sclerosis
(August 12, 2013 at 10:18 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I have been speaking to this girl for about a time now, and even though I kind of get the feeling that she likes me a lot, and I like her a lot, our mindsets are quite similar, and she's lovely and beautiful, she recently told me about this peculiar condition that she had. She only told me after I asked her times and times over why she told me "you deserve better".
I just couldn't fathom why she told me this. So she just recently told me that she had this condition.
Is it really so difficult for a person to date, and perhaps marry such a person in the future?

That would depend on the condition.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking what MS is? Because wiki is better for that. People with MS function quite well most of the time, but it gets worse as time goes on. It's a degenerative condition. (as far as i know, haven't looked into this for a while now) But recently there's a breakthrough that can stop MS from getting worse, it came out I think ... 2 months ago? It's on clinical trial now.

As for whether or not someone with MS is datable depends on you, no? If you look up the condition and you think you're ok with it, then that's that.
(August 12, 2013 at 10:23 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking what MS is? Because wiki is better for that. People with MS function quite well most of the time, but it gets worse as time goes on. It's a degenerative condition. (as far as i know, haven't looked into this for a while now) But recently there's a breakthrough that can stop MS from getting worse, it came out I think ... 2 months ago? It's on clinical trial now.

As for whether or not someone with MS is datable depends on you, no? If you look up the condition and you think you're ok with it, then that's that.

I just looked it up, but is it so bad as to make her think that it would not allow it to work between us two?
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(August 12, 2013 at 10:27 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I just looked it up, but is it so bad as to make her think that it would not allow it to work between us two?

She may just be acting modest, or perhaps it is just an expression of self-loathing.

Only you can decide whether it would not allow things to work.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 12, 2013 at 10:30 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(August 12, 2013 at 10:27 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I just looked it up, but is it so bad as to make her think that it would not allow it to work between us two?

She may just be acting modest, or perhaps it is just an expression of self-loathing.

Only you can decide whether it would not allow things to work.
Well she said she's not one of the most severe cases and the attacks occur in times of stress and sadness and pain.
Love isn't an emotion reserved only for perfect couples. No such thing. Explain to her you understand her condition and concerns, but that you aren't worried...and she shouldn't either. Life, both it's ups and downs, is an experience best shared with a trusted friend.

This advice also applies to LGBT, interracial and gypsy couples, too, so feel free to disregard now.
(August 12, 2013 at 10:41 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Love isn't an emotion reserved only for perfect couples. No such thing. Explain to her you understand her condition and concerns, but that you aren't worried...and she shouldn't either. Life, both it's ups and downs, is an experience best shared with a trusted friend.

This advice also applies to LGBT, interracial and gypsy couples, too, so feel free to disregard now.
Thanks man.
(August 12, 2013 at 10:33 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well she said she's not one of the most severe cases and the attacks occur in times of stress and sadness and pain.

The question then becomes whether or not you will always be able to be supportive in these times or will you eventually become tired of having to try to do so.

(Also, BDSM appears to be out, if you're into that.)
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 12, 2013 at 10:45 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(August 12, 2013 at 10:33 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well she said she's not one of the most severe cases and the attacks occur in times of stress and sadness and pain.

The question then becomes whether or not you will always be able to be supportive in these times or will you eventually become tired of having to try to do so.

(Also, BDSM appears to be out, if you're into that.)

Well, I think I have shown myself to be a selfless person for most of my life. I mean she doesn't even give me the chance. However I cannot know without actually trying.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple / full body orgasms Werewolff 23 7213 March 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Werewolff