Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Split decision: What to buy?
Split decision: What to buy?
Right so my girlfriend and I have been looking for hobbies and things to do...

we both enjoy biking around, but currently it's so fricken hot that it's just no longer fun! Recently I had purchased a mini-pc in hopes that I would get new DDR pads (high quality) so that we can pickup the game again. I played in 1 tournament many years ago and was REALLY in to the game, as was she.

Anyways, right now we have a decision to make. To purchase recumbent bikes $1,000 minimum a piece or to buy DDR pads for now ($500 for a set) and wait on the recumbents.

For those of you that don't know what a recument is... it's this

[Image: susanreed-recumbent1.jpg]

They are incredibly ergonomic and SO much better on the back. Our bikes start to eat at us after so many miles (we like to do 15-20miles).

On the other hand, I can beat the summer heat for awhile and get my exercise in with DDR for $500!

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Plus I really miss the game!
RE: Split decision: What to buy?
You should buy the bikes and punch yourself in the face for ever having thought of spending $500 on Dance Dance Revolution.

In fact, you should engage in a year of self-flagellation for having played the game in the first place and thinking about doing it again.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Once the rapture occurs, I suspect our infrastructure will crumble. Without electricity, those tic tac toe pads will be an obviously poor investment. Go with the bikes.
Yup. Bike, most definitely bike. It's so much more useful than the DDR.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

DDR pads.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Save the money and dont get any hobby at all.

Just sit arround at home doing nothing and slowly becoming more and more grumpy
I love DDR! Have you played the Disney one?
Buy the bike, but try to get it at a lower price so you have money for your medical bills when you get hit by a car riding that low little thing.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(August 13, 2013 at 11:09 am)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Buy the bike, but try to get it at a lower price so you have money for your medical bills when you get hit by a car riding that low little thing.

Over here you need to have one of those cute little orange flags one usually sees on kids bikes, in order for that not to happen Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Buy a second hand wii and get this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dance-Revolution...B002ASV1FI

Then get the bike in about a month.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I buy it? Foxaèr 10 928 October 2, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Maffis
  Should I buy a nintendo 3DS XL? paulpablo 6 1210 November 8, 2015 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  God of War IV: Kratos vs. God - I'd Buy It! AthiestAtheist 1 1014 March 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t
  [split] Parasite Alpha Roadkill1001 7 3303 June 29, 2011 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  [split] What is Master of Orion? Napoléon 12 4153 June 18, 2011 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Violet