Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 11:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oldest human ancestor discovered!
Oldest human ancestor discovered!
I read this on Msnbc here is the link feel free to post your opinions on this new find that pushes back our human lineage back approximately a million years.Here is the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33110809/ns/...?GT1=43001
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

RE: Oldest human ancestor discovered!
I just read that and its awesome. There isn't much more proof of evolution than science.
Thanks E I thought that was it but was not sure.

Fundies, everywhere, are chanting "6,000 years.....6,000 years.....6,000 years!"
(October 1, 2009 at 11:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fundies, everywhere, are chanting "6,000 years.....6,000 years.....6,000 years!"

I can just imagine.
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Fantastic discovery! Such things are always fascinating.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
I was just going to post this Tongue Beat me to it!
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
That is what I love about science the fact that it's progressive and not stagnant like religion.Religion with its God did it absolutes sickens me.

Very cool. I posted the link on my facebook page. I'm just looking for a response "But the earth is only 6000 years old!". My badBig Grin
binnyCoffee
The new homonid discovery is awsome, I think.

Wish i could go back and see it alive in its environment.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New human species discovered in the Phillipines downbeatplumb 5 631 April 13, 2019 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Statuesque dinosaur fossil discovered Thumpalumpacus 44 7953 May 13, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Last Universal Common Ancestor Minimalist 15 1691 July 25, 2016 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Stupid Virus Discovered in People popeyespappy 0 990 November 11, 2014 at 11:09 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Origins of sex discovered: Side-by-side copulation Dolorian 4 1572 October 21, 2014 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  New thing discovered that does not fit into tree of life downbeatplumb 8 2360 September 5, 2014 at 11:13 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Biggest Dino yet discovered max-greece 15 2563 May 17, 2014 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Immense Cambrian fossil bed discovered "rivals the famous Burgess Shale" Jackalope 12 2973 February 12, 2014 at 10:59 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Human/Neanerthal hybrid discovered Foxaèr 10 4745 April 7, 2013 at 9:23 am
Last Post: frz
  Map proves Portuguese discovered Australia: new book pocaracas 15 5145 February 20, 2013 at 6:48 am
Last Post: The Magic Pudding