Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Terrifying Statements in the Leaked Climate Report
5 Terrifying Statements in the Leaked Climate Report
Quote:Climate Desk has obtained a leaked copy of the draft Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's 2013 Summary for Policymakers report, which other media outlets are also reporting on. The document is dated June 7, 2013. We recognize, as we've previously reported, that this document is not final, and is in fact certain to change.
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2...pcc-report
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: 5 Terrifying Statements in the Leaked Climate Report
I believe it's been recently ascertained that the main reason sea levels are rising faster than expected is because of rainfall patterns: more of the increased precipitation has been over the ocean lately. There could be years when sea levels don't rise, or might even drop slightly, when more rain falls on land, as it did in Australia a couple of years ago. The overall trend is up, by a quarter-inch or so a year.
These statements aren't new. They were in the previous IPCC, maybe in less certain terms. But there were so many figures in that report that I don't remember all of them.
Any moment now some xtian fuckhead will come along telling us to "pray" for water wings.

One can always count on them to have useful solutions to problems!
If the water levels keep rising, we might experience... A GLOBAL FLOOD??!?!?!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Nowhere near enough water for that.....something the shitwits can never seem to grasp.
Naw, they won't have us pray for water wings when Jesus will be making us fly up into heaven soon. That is, if you're one of the good people.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth' Recent CLimate Spiral 2.0 Leonardo17 105 5483 November 5, 2023 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Earth's recent climate spiral. Jehanne 301 17043 March 5, 2023 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I am so sick of climate change deniers. Brian37 34 2946 November 23, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Can we recover from human caused climate change? Aroura 27 6899 November 23, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Climate Change and ecological collapse ph445 42 9281 August 3, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Various ways of fighting climate change dyresand 15 3383 April 1, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  When religion is at odds with climate change research Aegon 24 2803 December 28, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Climate change Won2blv 56 11006 May 17, 2015 at 3:27 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Climate change skeptic turned proponent Surgenator 26 6533 February 19, 2015 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Surgenator
  This is the terrifying legacy house Republicans are leaving us with orogenicman 15 2793 November 21, 2014 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Heywood