Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My progress report in defeating my illness.
My progress report in defeating my illness.
Ok, so after calming myself down, slowly trying organize where all things went wrong. I am coming up with these thoughts. I didn't know where to put this thread, but I am going to keep progress here of what I am going through:

I been slowly retracing my foot steps. I don't think the illness started really after 9/11 like I originally thought. I don't remember if it was late grade 7 or early grade 8, but I had experience while awake of purplish blue Jinn who I thought I saw with my physical eyes. I am not sure to the extent I talked to my parents but I think they told me I was probably dreaming and I am mixing up the two states. Whether Jinn exist or not, is irrelevant. I thought I saw one then, but I also was very skeptical I remember. There was something abnormal about me then. While most people would talk to girls, I would totally disconnect myself from them. In grade 9, a few girls tried to talk to me, one even told me if I wanted to be her girl friend, I remember Chris Poulin wanted to talk me about girls in grade 9, I remember Dawood telling me there is a girl that thinks I'm hot because I had abbs, what was abnormal wasn't simply that I was "obeying Islamic rules", it was that I had little weakness. Still worse then that, was that, I didn't care to make friends much, to have recreational activities. I was strongly committed to studying and getting good marks. I would get 90s and what not. But I think it was then I was totally different. Even if there such things as Jinn, then a Jinn had consumed my mind. If it's all in the mind, then my mind made a dark shadow in me. I would have little emotion even when I would get 100% on final math exam. I wasn't normal. I was too serious. I didn't know how to joke much. I took school seriously too much. I think in grade 10 when I broke down, I finally felt emotions like everyone else. Everyone else had some interest to know others. To have relationship with others. But what happened to me is that love than got channeled to Prophets and Imams who I thought I saw spiritually. I got imaginary friends/guides. Still when I got out of that world, I felt like I need to go back. I needed to be in "illiyin". I been sick since either grade 8 or grade 9. Did madam morin see something no one else saw in me? Did I see myself as some sort of god that was capable of anything it wanted to do? Or that didn't care to connect with people, society, culture, but was consumed with ambition to be great? Did she really hate me or was she trying to help me as she saw I was not normal? It doesn't matter now. If I was touched by the blue Jinn as I thought, right now it has destroyed my world of thoughts, that I don't know what it means to be true human. If it was just produced by the mind, then it's the same. I wish I did muta or even didn't do it, I wish I said yes to that girl that asked me out in grade 9. It had nothing to do with love of God, obedience to God, it was either the demon or my illness. I am retracing my steps.

I realize this much. Logical fallacies, like circular reasoning, ad populum, appeal to authority, ad hominem, red herring, humans live by them. They act according to them all the time, because it protects from waking up from the matrix world they in. Double standards is necessary or otherwise, Bush/Harper would not be seen any different from Bin Laden as far as being terrorists. Every society has to see faults in other societies, they don't see in their own or in their own leaders. Trust is such a big foundation. Most people who disbelieve in conspiracy theories are appeal to logical fallacies. There is a few who actually looked at all the evidence, saw where it's wrong or right, and came to know the truth. Most people like to hear one side of any issue without hearing what contradicts it. And if they listen to a counter argument, they will go back to a counter argument of their own side, but will stop and not hear the other side counter argument. While people can function with all these false beliefs, false ideas, normally, obviously I realize I cannot. Still I can be satisfied with not knowing what stance I should take, but this leaves me purposeless without direction. The truth is so important, but I realize, I have to develop a skill to distinguish falsehood from truth, something I don't know any group has done. My psychiatrist when I talked about facing confirmation bias, he told me it's impossible to beat. Conventional wisdom: Everyone dies, I will die too. Everyone this, I too. So conventional wisdom, is no one can figure out where they are wrong in all their thoughts and right in all their thoughts, and never pick a wrong stance. So why do I think I can do it? Well I don't know why. I been discussing on forums for so long. Sometimes I would be on one topic for 12 hours. Still, I think I can't just rely on others to debate with me to reach a conclusion. I need a find better way to organize information.
RE: My progress report in defeating my illness.
I don't like calling God's names anymore because I realize I have distorted view of every name. I am just going to call him the helper. If I say "light", I don't know the light, so what will I think? If I say compassionate, I don't know the balance between compassion and justice, so I get lost. All his names make me more confused about direction. I don't know if being wrathful contradicts being merciful or as Imam Khomeini says, they manifest the same glory. I don't know if I should be in awe of his power because I don't know if it's good to worship power. But I believe he will help me, mainly, because I realized, no one else will get me out of my lost state and get me out of the deep ocean of darkness. Medications just leave you satisfied with being plunged into darkness, having no strength, being broken and not rebuilding yourself. No they actually kill your will power over time, kill your emotions, and plunge you on the side of despair over the side of hope. They are not a solution, they are a compromise.
(September 2, 2013 at 9:38 am)MysticKnight Wrote: I don't like calling God's names anymore because I realize I have distorted view of every name. I am just going to call him the helper. If I say "light", I don't know the light, so what will I think? If I say compassionate, I don't know the balance between compassion and justice, so I get lost. All his names make me more confused about direction. I don't know if being wrathful contradicts being merciful or as Imam Khomeini says, they manifest the same glory. I don't know if I should be in awe of his power because I don't know if it's good to worship power. But I believe he will help me, mainly, because I realized, no one else will get me out of my lost state and get me out of the deep ocean of darkness. Medications just leave you satisfied with being plunged into darkness, having no strength, being broken and not rebuilding yourself. No they actually kill your will power over time, kill your emotions, and plunge you on the side of despair over the side of hope. They are not a solution, they are a compromise.

Medication is a tool to help you get well. The delusions have to stop so that you can work on reality.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I had an intense longing to read Misbahal Hidiya of Imam Khomeini. I think very few people can relate to his words. It's a mystic book. Most people can't even begin to understand what he is talking about. But I know it. Whether it's true of the soul and reality, I understand his perspective. But I don't know if such mystic love of 'divine treasure' actually helped me be more good or actually disconnect from humanity more to the extent I can't relate to the beauty they see in experiences of this life.
Reason is unseen path to God for me. At least right now this how I perceive. I don't care how dictionaries define it. This is what I believe. If I intend to use it for my own selfish purpose or put myself before others, then it will fail me. If I purify my intention and rise up for God and think, I will find my way out. If I mix this intention with vanity, I will never make it out. This is what I believe right now.
I think you're doing excellently Smile I too am trying to see the light through all trees.. I've decided to cut every belief out besides those I know to be true. I know love to be true and all the attributes that love entails: patience, kindness.. I know too that my own body works against me sometimes, and that I absolutely need a medication to make sure my seratonin levels are as normal as anyone else's. There's nothing wrong with me as a person, that's just the hand I was dealt--my body can't metabolize folic acid into folate. I know now that stigmatization isn't anything to consider. It lies in the realm of fear and sorrow. Now that I know this I'm getting better, getting well with each step. When it comes down to it, nothing matters besides love for me. Love has kept me going in the most dire of times..
Good luck on your journey, Mystic Knight.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

I am feeling poorly this morning, so I don't feel up to responding more. I hope you will continue to share your story here. As I said earlier, I'm not unsympathetic to your project, but I feel you have already taken significant missteps. Nonetheless, I will help you as I am able, if you will let me. If you don't want my comments, just say so.

I'm very ill right now, and it's impairing my ability to contribute, but I will help you if I can.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Despair takes me and then I fight it back and replace it with high hope. This is basically what I'm going through. I am trying to root out the despair that has engulfed me into such a weak state.

I think I committed the biggest sin you can commit. And that is despair. This despair has rooted my life, and I have to find the root of it and destroy it.
(September 3, 2013 at 8:31 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Despair takes me and then I fight it back and replace it with high hope. This is basically what I'm going through. I am trying to root out the despair that has engulfed me into such a weak state.

I think I committed the biggest sin you can commit. And that is despair. This despair has rooted my life, and I have to find the root of it and destroy it.
I'm assuming you've been diagnosed with schizophrenia. If so, I recommend searching peace before truth. Also-- take your medication regularly. If you aren't willing to take your meds, if you think you can fight your illness alone, you are committing the sin of pride, and pride is probably the biggest fallacy of all.
I desire nothing. I don't know where this journey will take me. But I am learning two things. To fight with all my will, to remain clam, to sing the song of my soul, and wield the sword of God which is reason. Right now my focus is two virtues be courageous and not afraid of any dangers lying ahead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Determinism Is Self Defeating Koolay 220 56999 July 25, 2013 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy