Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelation 21 (God is a borg)
Revelation 21 (God is a borg)
According to revelaton 21:16 "16 and the city lieth square, and the length of it is as great as the breadth; and he did measure the city with the reed -- furlongs twelve thousand; the length, and the breadth, and the height, of it are equal;" the City is a square if you continue to read through 22. You will find out they go out into the nations and bring treasures back and what not. Since the key thing of christianity is assimulation and indocitrination we can conclude God is borg and new Jerusalem is a borg cube.

(thought I make a for fun thread.)
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: Revelation 21 (God is a borg)

I thought about this last night. Why is the New Jerasulem conspicuous in being constructed of materials that are only valuable because of some contingent property which is only relevant to early iron age earth, such as scarcity or market demand? Why is it not constructed of carbon nano-fibers? And in what sense is it being paved in gold more impressive than it being paved with asphalt or stone? The God of the bible constructs his cities with the eye of a human engineer. If the bible really was the word of God, I'd expect fucking 'ringworld' not some lamely pedestrian city of gold and jewels.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Why would the streets of Heaven be paved with gold and the mansions for all the good Christians be built with jewels? I know that goes with their idea of storing up "treasures in Heaven" but who has need of treasure after you're dead and you don't need to buy anything any more? And how valuable would gold and jewels be if everyone has them? The only reason they're worth anything on earth is because they're relatively rare and they look pretty.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Not to mention the mass of said object with the materials described would result in the cube being crushed into sphere.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
(September 18, 2013 at 11:27 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Why would the streets of Heaven be paved with gold and the mansions for all the good Christians be built with jewels? I know that goes with their idea of storing up "treasures in Heaven" but who has need of treasure after you're dead and you don't need to buy anything any more? And how valuable would gold and jewels be if everyone has them? The only reason they're worth anything on earth is because they're relatively rare and they look pretty.

Exactly, there's no need of material wealth, the treasures are spiritual.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(September 18, 2013 at 11:03 am)apophenia Wrote:

I thought about this last night. Why is the New Jerasulem conspicuous in being constructed of materials that are only valuable because of some contingent property which is only relevant to early iron age earth, such as scarcity or market demand? Why is it not constructed of carbon nano-fibers? And in what sense is it being paved in gold more impressive than it being paved with asphalt or stone? The God of the bible constructs his cities with the eye of a human engineer. If the bible really was the word of God, I'd expect fucking 'ringworld' not some lamely pedestrian city of gold and jewels.

Sukhavati, Lord Amitabha Buddha's land in the west, is desribed being adorned similarly, as I recall. I don't have my Pure Land Sutras handy to see just how similar they are, but that would just be to satisfy my curiosity. My point is just an observation: it seems regardless of cultural origin, 'heaven' gets all the goods.
Valhalla, too.

Quote:Valhalla: The Myths of Norseland; A Saga, in Twelve Parts

Part Third

Einheriar´s Song

Feasting sit the mighty Aesir
In Valhalla's golden splendor :
There, on snow-white arm reclining,
Garlands gay is Freya twining ;
" Mercy," singeth Baldur bright,
" Is the ornament of might.
As wreaths bedeck the victor's shield,
So Mercy crowns him on the field."

Throned high is Odin great ;
Well he loves the Hero-feast :
Wounds adorn each warrior guest.
In that radiant hall of state
Decorated seats are set,
Still with gore the swords are wet.
No craven there
To sit may dare !
In the brightness of the gods,
In those blessed, grand abodes,
Heroes feast, on couches lying,
Brave in life, most blest in dying.

Just shit to con the morons into doing what they are told.
Nowadays, though, 'Berserkers' wear bomb vests.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God Is Like Jigsaw/Borg Nope 15 4066 July 31, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Nope
  Revelation JesusChristLover 21 3710 January 22, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19409 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Your revelation Jacob(smooth) 31 4209 July 14, 2014 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Cato
  A revelation in the shower Creed of Heresy 31 10360 May 1, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy