Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOS7 Waterproof (Fake Advert)
iOS7 Waterproof (Fake Advert)
So this fake advert was apparently made by 4chan:

http://i.imgur.com/0d9BhW9.jpg

I personally found it hilarious that some people at least appear to have fallen for it, though some of my Facebook friends called my sense of humour "sickening" for laughing at people who don't seem to have engaged their common sense.

What does everyone here think? Is it funny or am I an asshole? Tongue
RE: iOS7 Waterproof (Fake Advert)
I think it's funny as shit... if someone actually fell for it XD We have a german word for this, I do think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9B-ZoS0wvU
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
If memory serves, wasn't there an ad out not too long ago for an actual waterproof cell phone? I pay little attention to ads but they were throwing all sorts of shit on this thing to show how durable it was.

So yeah, I can see some people thinking that this was simply the next generation of cell phone technology and tossing their new iPhone in the sink to test it.
The point I think was important is that they were advertising the software update as making the iPhone waterproof. So, you didn't have to buy a new model of phone; your non-waterproof phone would become waterproof if you updated the software...
4chan, is that some kinda of American site who likes Japanese stuff... Never been there though Smile
(September 24, 2013 at 3:24 pm)Tiberius Wrote: So this fake advert was apparently made by 4chan:

http://i.imgur.com/0d9BhW9.jpg

I personally found it hilarious that some people at least appear to have fallen for it, though some of my Facebook friends called my sense of humour "sickening" for laughing at people who don't seem to have engaged their common sense.

What does everyone here think? Is it funny or am I an asshole? Tongue

Honestly, I think its hilarious. It also shows just how ignorant some people are to the devices that they use every day. Why would an update to an operating system change the chassis of the phone to prevent water from damaging it?

That's like updating your windows service pack to make your PC bombproof.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 24, 2013 at 3:39 pm)Moira Wrote: 4chan, is that some kinda of American site who likes Japanese stuff... Never been there though Smile

http://www.4chan.org/

Try /b/... you won't regret it. Skunk
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(September 24, 2013 at 3:41 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:
(September 24, 2013 at 3:39 pm)Moira Wrote: 4chan, is that some kinda of American site who likes Japanese stuff... Never been there though Smile

http://www.4chan.org/

Try /b/... you won't regret it. Skunk

Nah Wink
(September 24, 2013 at 3:34 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The point I think was important is that they were advertising the software update as making the iPhone waterproof. So, you didn't have to buy a new model of phone; your non-waterproof phone would become waterproof if you updated the software...

Giving people waaaayyy too much credit there, boss! I can see them saying "Hey, this is cool...now I won't even have to get off the phone in the shower."
Quote:However, someone called Matthew Ecton offered a tweet: "Woah, iOS7 makes your phone waterproof."

Sometime later, he offered another tweet, which may have been related: "Wow, I'm a dumbass."

Hilarious.

Imagine how easy it would be to cleanse the gene pool by putting out an ad that said, "iOS7 allows your phone to defy gravity."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Make up your own fake product/ with disclaimer. Brian37 7 494 July 3, 2020 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Fake NDE Kit! chimp3 23 1709 October 7, 2019 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  BREAKING FAKE NEWS Fake Messiah 1 274 November 1, 2018 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Create A Completely Fake Convo With An AF Member Edwardo Piet 8 1095 April 25, 2018 at 3:37 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives get duped by real fake news Foxaèr 4 783 October 29, 2017 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Fake Book Titles For William Lane Craig Edwardo Piet 32 3801 June 11, 2016 at 5:04 am
  Fake movie posters, book covers... Fake Messiah 2 1029 December 6, 2015 at 9:02 am
  John Oliver on Fake Quotes Minimalist 6 3189 October 20, 2015 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Most WTF University Advert Ever...thanks Australia. Tiberius 2 1868 February 19, 2012 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Violet
  Good advert for lubricating gel Norfolk And Chance 1 901 December 23, 2011 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Epimethean