Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any God breakthroughs?
Any God breakthroughs?
I've been scarce lately, and noticed we had a few new theists join the conversations. I was curious if any of them have offered any good reason to accept that their version of God while I've been away. If they think they can offer a good reason, I'm all ears. I'm sick of hearing Drich's sick perspective. Although, he is of course welcome to contribute his usual A/S/K if he feels it necessary.

So, Theists...Is your God real? Can you convince a skeptical third party?
RE: Any God breakthroughs?
Get real, people rarely convert either way from participating in these forums. Admit it, we're just here for the entertainment.
I spotted a god of the gaps argument more recently, and John and catfish are both evading simple questions asked of them. SW comes and goes, and he's taken to ad homs recently in the "One Question" thread.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(September 25, 2013 at 8:47 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: I spotted a god of the gaps argument more recently, and John and catfish are both evading simple questions asked of them. SW comes and goes, and he's taken to ad homs recently in the "One Question" thread.
Thanks for the update! Very little development I guess. Sigh...

(September 25, 2013 at 8:40 pm)Airyaman Wrote: Get real, people rarely convert either way from participating in these forums. Admit it, we're just here for the entertainment.
The bold is the part I was inquiring about.

Do any of them ever have a good reason?
Did you hear about the little boy who was dead for a while and when he was brought back revealed iron clad proof of heaven and God. Don't feel too bad. I missed it too. Oh well, time to start watching my p's and q's so I can sail the afterlife first cabin. I hope I get a cabin with a view.[/fucking with you]
(September 25, 2013 at 10:35 pm)whateverist Wrote: .[/fucking with you]

About the zombie-kid or the first class ticket to paradise? Wink

My girlfriend gave me her old bible, and it's got tons of "Study Notes" written in the outer margins of the pages. Really, they are attempts to smooth over possible objections that the reader may raise about a particular scripture on the page. The things written there are so incredibly insulting to one's intelligence. For example, if you've just read the scripture that describes God's being jealous about men worshipping other Gods, and you wonder to yourself, what kind of perfect God is jealous of other Gods (or anything for that matter)? The note provided in the margin offers clarification: Why would God be jealous of other Gods that don't exist? He isn't. He was disappointed to see that man would worship these false Gods and it made him jealous that they were redirecting their love to them. Man made God jealous, not the false Gods. What???? Lol, how does this reconcile the objection? He he he...It's quite entertaining. Of course, I think I may have ruffled some feathers by keeping the bible on my desk at work. I've customized it...slightly.

I've often asked why a perfect being would be saddled with petty, useless human emotions like jealousy.

And if God didn't want to be jealous, then maybe he should come around a bit more. If he didn't want to be jealous, he could show us that he's the one true God, but no he sulks like a spoiled child and lashes out with a hurricane, tornado, or earthquake once in a while. Then he expects us to love him.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 26, 2013 at 5:39 am)Texas Sailor Wrote:
(September 25, 2013 at 10:35 pm)whateverist Wrote: .[/fucking with you]

About the zombie-kid or the first class ticket to paradise? Wink

My girlfriend gave me her old bible, and it's got tons of "Study Notes" written in the outer margins of the pages. Really, they are attempts to smooth over possible objections that the reader may raise about a particular scripture on the page. The things written there are so incredibly insulting to one's intelligence. For example, if you've just read the scripture that describes God's being jealous about men worshipping other Gods, and you wonder to yourself, what kind of perfect God is jealous of other Gods (or anything for that matter)? The note provided in the margin offers clarification: Why would God be jealous of other Gods that don't exist? He isn't. He was disappointed to see that man would worship these false Gods and it made him jealous that they were redirecting their love to them. Man made God jealous, not the false Gods. What???? Lol, how does this reconcile the objection? He he he...It's quite entertaining. Of course, I think I may have ruffled some feathers by keeping the bible on my desk at work. I've customized it...slightly.

Study Notes = The horeshit you have to slather onto bible text to make it work for ya

[Image: tumblr_mliut3rXE01soz1kco1_500.jpg]

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.
-- Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12407 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Does God have any moral responsibility to his children? Greatest I am 25 8652 May 31, 2013 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6690 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad