Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Latest Installment of Catholic Stupidity
The Latest Installment of Catholic Stupidity
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24330204

Quote:Pope John Paul II and Pope John XXIII will be declared saints on 27 April 2014, Pope Francis has announced.

"Miracles." What fucking fools.
RE: The Latest Installment of Catholic Stupidity
Well, JP2 was pope for most of my life. I kinda liked him. I'm not religious anymore, but he seemed pretty cool at the time.

Don't know anything about J23, though. No big deal.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey
You want to know what their biggest miracles were? Lots of altar boys suddenly got enlarged assholes because of those two fuckers.
The only confirmed miracle in this whole
issue is that people buy this religious crap!
So what kind of "miracles" are they actually claiming took place to show that they were saints? And isn't it kind of self-serving to turn a pope into a saint? That would be like claiming a recent president was a founding father.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
The church is nothing if not self-serving!
psh... when I was a Christian I would debate Catholics cause I saw the 'evil' in that denomination. Ah, the irony...
(September 30, 2013 at 4:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24330204

"Miracles." What fucking fools.

John Paul II's canonization was more or less inevitable, really. People were demanding it as soon as he kicked the bucket. Quite frankly, I'm just surprised it took this damn long. That and he was the second longest serving pope in History. And odds are, most of the higher-ups in the Vatican were hand-picked by the guy himself.

What would really disturb me is that, in a couple years, they'd canonise Pope Palpatine, uh, I mean Benedict XVI.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
On a side note, what methodology do they employ to determine if something is a miracle? Do they sit around a big table and vote on it?
So it seems.

With an eye towards marketing to the morons, I would imagine.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jul/07/...d-20130708

Quote:Last week the Vatican announced that a meeting of cardinals and bishops had ruled that the late Pope John Paul II was responsible for a second miracle, and thus the way was cleared for sainthood.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 35585 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 359 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4007 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1441 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1380 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 790 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2550 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2209 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 653 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2127 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama