Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a real "miracle"?
Is this a real "miracle"?
Hello, I am new here and wanted to ask you all something! I am very interested in your thougts about this kind of "miracle" or at least that is what they claim for it to be.<Link Removed> Please before you start shouting I am a troll: I am NOT! I just wanted to know your opinions about this. I am familiar with these "miracles" and I know that most of them are either false, rubbish oder made up. But this one confuses me a bit because I really wonder why the author of the quran said that the the "forelock" of the man is lying and sinful - that just doesn't make sense! I would hate that to be "really some sort of mysterious """"miracle""" and I wouldn't understand it why this god tells stuff like this but says at the same time that the sun orbits the earth. Besides I would just hate "Islam" to be true because I think it is absolutely inhuman and horrible! So what do you think about this story? Can you help me?
Thanks for your thoughts!
RE: Is this a real "miracle"?
Pass the salt please Popcorn
People have been banging their heads for years. I am sure whoever wrote the text merely made the observation and lucked out.
No claims of miracles have ever been found to be truly miraculous. And I don't give a shit about what someone wrote in the Koran.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Your better of asking the question here at ummah forums (muslim forum) and create an account. http://www.ummah.com/forum/
They'll give you some brainwashing islamic food advice lool.
People are so easily impressed with miracles. Someone is pulled alive from a fiery car wreck and some asshole says "it's a miracle."

Yeah - he's burned over 95% of his body and looks like a cross between a charcoal briquet and Mr. Potato Head but its a "miracle."

A miracle would be to have a car totally engulfed in flames and not suffer any burns at all.
*sigh* Hume settled this 'miracle' nonsense well over two hundred years ago. For those theists who are unaware, I'll recap.

Suppose Joe reports a miracle. We have several options to consider before we can decide whether to accept that a miracle did, in fact, occur.

1. Joe is lying.

2. Joe is reporting something he heard (see the OP) and did not witness the miracle himself.

3. Joe is an ignorant boob and couldn't tell a natural phenomenon from a miracle if they both crawled up his arse and died there.

4. Joe's report of a miracle conflicts with other reports of other miracles, and other reports conflict with Joe's. The lessens the likelihood of ANY miracle being true.

5. A miracle actually DID occur.

Laying out these (and other) possible scenarios, we need to ask, which is the LEAST likely explanation? In all ranking of probabilities, #5 comes dead last, every time.

Mind, Hume did not a priori deny the possibility of miracles, but his argument renders their likelihood so low as to not merit serious consideration.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'll go with number three, because it's the funniest one Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:I'll go with number three, because it's the funniest one

My own wording. Hume phrased it more politely, essentially saying that miracle stories tend to originate in barbarous times and among ignorant people. Civilized, educated people are less likely to report miracles, since they are less likely to be overawed by natural events.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 13, 2013 at 4:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: People are so easily impressed with miracles. Someone is pulled alive from a fiery car wreck and some asshole says "it's a miracle."

Yeah - he's burned over 95% of his body and looks like a cross between a charcoal briquet and Mr. Potato Head but its a "miracle."

A miracle would be to have a car totally engulfed in flames and not suffer any burns at all.
Haha so true made me laugh while reading this post. ROFLOL
Religion is bullshit anyway.

(October 13, 2013 at 5:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: *sigh* Hume settled this 'miracle' nonsense well over two hundred years ago. For those theists who are unaware, I'll recap.

Suppose Joe reports a miracle. We have several options to consider before we can decide whether to accept that a miracle did, in fact, occur.

1. Joe is lying.

2. Joe is reporting something he heard (see the OP) and did not witness the miracle himself.

3. Joe is an ignorant boob and couldn't tell a natural phenomenon from a miracle if they both crawled up his arse and died there.

4. Joe's report of a miracle conflicts with other reports of other miracles, and other reports conflict with Joe's. The lessens the likelihood of ANY miracle being true.

5. A miracle actually DID occur.

Laying out these (and other) possible scenarios, we need to ask, which is the LEAST likely explanation? In all ranking of probabilities, #5 comes dead last, every time.

Mind, Hume did not a priori deny the possibility of miracles, but his argument renders their likelihood so low as to not merit serious consideration.

Boru
I cannot agree more with you at all x

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I just found the most amazing scientific miracle in the Quran!!!! ReptilianPeon 15 3898 January 31, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Understand the requirement for a scientific miracle. paulpablo 4 1798 July 16, 2015 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  The Quran - A Miracle ThatMuslimGuy2 102 35549 August 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  The response to miracle requests in Quran. Mystic 25 7354 March 31, 2013 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Mystic
  The Miracle Of Iron !! maham115 84 25496 July 13, 2010 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Minimalist