Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism is a form of Autism!
Atheism is a form of Autism!
You guys have probably seen this, but I hadn't. How many theists here actually believe this?

“Autistic children do not know believing in God because they do not have a section of faith in their brains,” Kaya said, according to daily Milliyet.

Kaya said the underdevelopment of faith sections in the brain caused autistic children to not believe in God.

“That is why they don’t know how to pray, how to believe in God. It is needed to create awareness in these children through methods of therapy.”

Kaya added that autistic children should undergo treatment to “create areas of faith in their brain.”

Apparently, it’s not the children’s fault. According to Kaya whose degree is in sociology, they are born atheists because of the missing faith section. “Research,” he adds, “says atheism and autistic children are linked. Researchers in the USA and Canada say that atheism is a different form of autism.”

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1557098 http://www.examiner.com/article/all-auti...right-next
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Atheism is a form of Autism!
So if this were true, how exactly did I develop autism at age 30? And even now several people close to me have commented on how intelligent I am. So I guess I'm high-functioning.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
There was a program with Brain Cox that went into the connection between science and autism. They didn't mention atheism but then atheism is the same thing as science. Or so they think.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
lol uh, the facepalmage needed for this is just incomprehensible

Science is Autism!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
There is a couple at my former church that
has an autistic daughter they would bring
to services. This little girl (age 12) was right
up there with the rest of the christians, sup-
posedly worshiping god. She would raise her
hands, sing, cry - you know, the same BS
all of the other christians in the room were
up to. I have witnessed first hand the only
link I need to see - that autism and christianity
are closely related. I would go as far as to say
that christianity is very much a mental deficiency;
not unlike autism.
Once at the first atheist site I hung out at someone posted a link to a quiz for Asperger's (an autism spectrum disorder) and a lot of the atheists were in or leaning toward the Asperger's range, and I saw it repeated at another atheist site. This of course isn't enough to draw a conclusion but it raises questions.
Asperger's has fallen out of favor as an independent diagnosis, I believe.
(October 8, 2013 at 4:36 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: There was a program with Brain Cox that went into the connection between science and autism. They didn't mention atheism but then atheism is the same thing as science. Or so they think.

It is such an impressive feat that you can constantly produce stupidity that supersedes the previous level of stupidity you had set for yourself.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
http://m.neatorama.com/2008/09/05/10-mos...the-world/

These people will fuck you up. My little cousin has Asperger's, and even though he sadly rarely gives a shit in school classes, if he finds an unknown in something he loves doing (like running and fixing a server for Minecraft), he will and does find a way to complete his goals. He is quite sharp, but is not so good at catching wit. Like if I told him a joke, he probably will not get it.
(October 8, 2013 at 4:36 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: There was a program with Brain Cox that went into the connection between science and autism. They didn't mention atheism but then atheism is the same thing as science. Or so they think.

[Image: Wut.gif]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Believing in Deities is a Form of Psychosis CeruleanNight 146 31208 August 13, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27115 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5193 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12472 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Atheism is a form of religion... Mudhammam 35 8335 October 20, 2014 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12150 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10476 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12006 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38080 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack