Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strike Another Blow for the Good Guys
Strike Another Blow for the Good Guys
I forgot to tell you my most excellent (and short) story.

Seriously, this post deserves a kudos from all the non-believers (also known as the intelligent and the logical).

I have been discussing the ins and outs, the history and the folklore, the lies and the bigger lies of Christianity (and other religions) to an acquaintance of mine for about 7 or 8 months. It was a long debate, but it was always a cordial and friendly debate (mostly), and he would often admit (almost daily) that he didn't have an answer for much of the contradictions and historical record I presented him about his bible.

Long story short ... yesterday he came to me and told me that he was no longer a christian.

AWESOME!

He's not a Deist, I never once tried to sell him on that. He simply said that he just couldn't overcome the mountain of evidence that his god had no more significance than any of the other ridiculous gods - that is to say, he wasn't becoming an atheist just yet, but he was definitely not a christian any longer.

I think that's pretty awesome. Strike one for the good guys. The evil that is christianity took one less victim. It's my first conversion and that was never even my intent. I felt so fantastic after he told me that shocking bit of awesome news. I was instrumental in helping a man I very easily could've ignored, remove his own blinders and start down a road to being enlightened.

He said much else if you're interested. Also, if you have helped destroy evil in this way, do let me know about it.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Strike Another Blow for the Good Guys
Why haven't you posted or even spoke of that 'mountain of evidence' the reconverted your 'friend' here?
Sweet!

Not as enthralling, but I convinced my wife to drop the ridiculous charade in calling herself a Southern Baptist, when what she is is a deist. Not a deconversion, per se, but a clarification.

Next up...my idiot boy who's wife is pussy whipping him into that same denomination. Bugger all.
(October 29, 2013 at 12:10 am)Drich Wrote: Why haven't you posted or even spoke of that 'mountain of evidence' the reconverted your 'friend' here?

Funny as that joke is Drich, this thread is not about hearing your filthy apologetics. This is about celebrating freedom and enlightenment. As my friends across the pond say, "Please kindly bugger off."

Quote:Seriously, this post deserves a kudos from all the non-believers (also known as the intelligent and the logical).

Asking for kudos is a sure fire way not to get them.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 29, 2013 at 12:24 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Asking for kudos is a sure fire way not to get them.

Boru

...and yet you posted this AFTER I was already given one. [Image: Cherna-facepalm.gif]

(October 29, 2013 at 12:10 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Sweet!

Not as enthralling, but I convinced my wife to drop the ridiculous charade in calling herself a Southern Baptist, when what she is is a deist. Not a deconversion, per se, but a clarification.

Didn't it make you feel kind of awesome to be instrumental in her decision? I kinda loved it. It felt like sweet revenge in the most positive non-harmful kind of way possible. Big Grin

What's the matter you afraid that you mountain can't stand up against a little scrutiny?

Beside if you did not want to be challenged why did you post this in this section of the website? Isn't there a whole section of the website devoted to this form of self worship?
(October 29, 2013 at 12:10 am)Drich Wrote: Why haven't you posted or even spoke of that 'mountain of evidence' the reconverted your 'friend' here?

It's been done to death. Fools like you can't see it, Drippy.
(October 29, 2013 at 12:53 am)Drich Wrote: Beside if you did not want to be challenged why did you post this in this section of the website? Isn't there a whole section of the website devoted to this form of self worship?

I don't limit my self-worship to just any one portion of this website. Just as you worship your god everywhere, I worship myself openly in every available thread. Now if you're done with your piss-poor sarcasm, you can step off sheep, nobody wants to play with you here. Your shepherd's got a butt that always needs kissing anyway.

(October 29, 2013 at 1:01 am)Minimalist Wrote:

It's been done to death. Fools like you can't see it, Drippy.

My point exactly. No matter what I post REpost for him to scrutinize, he's not going to see it. He's a filthy apologist - even his fello christards don't agree with him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians you guys are going to hell dyresand 23 6286 September 22, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  christians this is why you guys fucking assholes... dyresand 17 4901 July 21, 2015 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Another Good Reason to be a Christian Lek 202 21777 April 25, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Blow the 10 Commandments Out Your Ass.... Minimalist 44 8957 August 11, 2014 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What Would Happen if Christianity Went on Strike? NoMoreFaith 31 15274 May 25, 2012 at 5:01 am
Last Post: NoMoreFaith