Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Isn't As If We Didn't Know That No One Gives A Shit
It Isn't As If We Didn't Know That No One Gives A Shit
http://truth-out.org/news/item/19751-dro...-listening

Quote:Pakistani school teacher Rafiq ur Rehman traveled over 7,000 miles with his children - 13-year-old Zubair and 9-year-old Nabila - from a small, remote village in North Waziristan to tell lawmakers about the US drone strike that killed his 67-year-old mother, Mamana Bibi. It was a harrowing tale that brought many in the room to tears, including Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.), who was responsible for inviting the family to Capitol Hill for the briefing.

In the end, only five members of the US House of Representatives bothered to attend. Grayson was joined by Reps. Jan Schakowsky (D- Ill.), Rush Holt (D-NJ), John Conyers (D-Mich.) and Rick Nolan (D-Minn.).

I'm sure they had more important matters to tend to.......
RE: It Isn't As If We Didn't Know That No One Gives A Shit
Of course. Fundraising.
5??!!! That's disgusting! Sounds like it's time to name and shame again
FOX will try to "shame" the 5 who showed up. They're all Dems anyway.
(November 1, 2013 at 4:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure they had more important matters to tend to.......

Yeah like how to stop Obamacare.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Seriously, this is painful. It really is. Sad
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8586 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 1959 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I know I'm in the minority with this one-but this is a slippery slope in my opinion A Godzilla fan 19 1207 September 30, 2019 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4541 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 992 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Coming From Anyone Else This Would Just Be The Usual Nauseating Shit Minimalist 3 806 October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  No You Didn't, Fuckhead Minimalist 15 1631 August 28, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 565 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Just heard this bat shit insane idea... Brian37 13 1540 July 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 2980 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok