Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Toilet Seat Dilemma
The Toilet Seat Dilemma
Hello to all!!!

I've had this discussion with several people in the course of my life. It's always a fun one.

Here it is.

What are your thoughts on the toilet seat?
For those of you who live alone, this is probably not worth replying to.
For those of you who don't live alone, or have lots of company, I'm curious:

Who's to blame when someone 'falls in' to the toilet?
Many women will blame a guy because he left the seat up.

I am not one. I feel like I am ultimately to blame. I didn't check it before I sat. So if I fall in, it's no one's fault but my own. Doesn't mean I wouldn't give a dude an earful. But still and all, I'm responsible for my own well being.
This has become a little more clear to me in my retail work environment. We have copiers that hold settings for a good 15 minutes. So whatever the last person had selected (double sided, super lightened copies, hole punching, what have you) will remain in effect unless you push a certain 'clear all' button. Countless times each day I have to refund customer's credit cards because they're simply too stupid to LOOK at what options are selected, or they're too fucking ignorant to ask for help (they usually ask for help AFTER they've wasted a ream of paper). And the customer comes to me, incredulous that they've been charged for 150 copies when they only wanted two. Also can be said about my color copier. We have literally signage posted on EVERY SQUARE FUCKING INCH of this machine that says "This machine only charges color pricing, as such your black and white copy WILL BE CHARGED as a color because this machine knows no better".... I seriously created a stop sign and it sits on top of the machine but still day after day I refund monies to idiots who cant see a HUGE FUCKING STOP SIGN TELLING THEM THIS IS A COLOR COPIER AND THEY WILL BE CHARGED AS SUCH.... they just don't get it.
This to me is the same principle as 'It's your fault I fell in because I was too stupid or ign'nt to look at the fucking seat before I sat my ass down'.

Right?

So in conclusion, Is it my fault for falling in, or yours?

End (what some may consider pointless) /Rant
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
RE: The Toilet Seat Dilemma
Germs esplode out of the toilet if you don't shut the seat lid when flushing. Jus sayin Tongue
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Shit happens.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(November 4, 2013 at 12:11 am)missluckie26 Wrote: Germs esplode out of the toilet if you don't shut the seat lid when flushing. Jus sayin Tongue

This, when it comes to toilet seat etiquette, this is about the only one I care about.

I always check before I seat, you kidding me? Why wouldn't you? What if it's dirty? ewwwwww. Anyone who's had to share toilets with the general public for an extended period of time will understand what i mean. There were times when the only safe time to even go to the washroom was first thing in the morning, then I have to leave to look for washrooms outside of the buildings for the rest of the day. Habits like that die hard when the negative reinforcements are so strong.
At my house we all tend to look at things before sitting down on them so no one has ever fallen in the toilet. That said, most of us have the habit of putting the toilet down after we're done with it. That way if we really have to poop we don't need to spend any extra seconds messing with the seat.
I always check anyways for toilet snakes. Or spiders.
The worst thing imagineable though is being half asleep and falling in a toilet then having to take a shower mid night because someone didn't put it down.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
I have to sit if I want to shit, and I've somehow managed to never fall in. There's no reason why people can't check, first.

I'm glad I've never been around anybody who is shitty about that.
I agree with looking before you sit, but the rule in my house is to put the lid down; not only does that stop the 'explosion' of germs, but it means everyone has to lift something up when they start, and put something down when they finish. Just seems more fair to all concerned.
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
A side benefit to having all sons is a convincing argument for seat up.(Majority rules, bitches!)

Besides, seat down we'll just piss all over it anyway...
I live by myself. I always put the toilet cover down. Now, I have 4 bathrooms to myself. So, I usually set a side one for guess.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toilet paper Foxaèr 15 1006 April 12, 2023 at 8:08 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  looking at toilet paper after wiping Catholic_Lady 175 37890 June 5, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Self Wipe Toilet Tissue Aid KUSA 112 32979 May 13, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Facing a dilemma Kingpin 129 11367 November 18, 2015 at 3:59 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Wear your effin' seat belt !! vorlon13 32 4196 November 4, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Dirty toilet water Chad32 12 3214 August 16, 2015 at 10:15 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Public Toilet Strategies Catholic_Lady 75 9875 July 10, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: rado84