Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:23 pm

Poll: :)
This poll is closed.
Cover toilet seat before sitting
36.84%
7 36.84%
Hover over it in a squat without touching
10.53%
2 10.53%
Just sit on it bare and hope for the best
31.58%
6 31.58%
Other (please explain)
21.05%
4 21.05%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Toilet Strategies
Public Toilet Strategies
When you have to use the public bathroom (girls for #1 & #2, and guys for #2), how do you handle the public toilet sitting situation? 

Ever since I can remember, my mom always told me to cover the toilet seat with layers and layers of toilet paper and/or toilet covers before sitting on it. So, I basically make a nest when I have to do my business in a public bathroom.

What do yall do?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Public Toilet Strategies
I squat; I'm grossed out by the seat covers because they dip into the toilet water, and tp has the potential for doing so. My thighs are like bricks from squatting!

Funny topic, C_L; I don't think we've had one quite like it before Tongue
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
A nest, funny image. 

As a guy the first step is to make sure the seat's dry. I'll then put a single layer of paper on. I must admit this is rare and emergency only. Over the years I have subconsciously trained myself to blow San-2 first thing in the morning.
I hate public toilets with a passion

Public toilets are so disgusting I will not use them unless I really have to go. I won't touch anything with my bare hands, I always get loads of toilet paper and cup it in my hands to move the door/flush/press on the taps. I always go for a #2 before I go out so I don't have to go in public, because I'm not sitting on a public toilet seat. If I absolutely had to I'd hover.

I don't know what men do in these public toilets. The floor is all wet (from I wonder what) and literally it smells like guys have come in and done backflips and cartwheels while pissing. I don't understand it.

Also I can't pee in urinals, I have to go in a cubicle. I don't know why, it's not about penis envy because I'm content with my member and I even can't go when I'm alone in there.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Pooping at home is the best strategy, IMO.
I embrace it. Rather than thinking of all the nastiness, I think of all the kickass organisms and systems in my body working to keep me safe. My motto is "I'll probably live."

I've had to test this a lot lately, as I've recently(-ish) started a job as a lab/density tech for an asphalt company. Which means I'm often away from my lab and out in the field, where the only option is a job-site johnny; the ultimate in public restroom nastiness.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I have lived long enough in the dens of evil and iniquity to be bothered by it. To take a piss, as a man, just practice your aim, as to drop a deuce, I just sit. The skin is supposed to be a barrier protecting me from that shit. I do clean after myself, and as a married man, I've learned to NOT let the toilet cover, up.
Wipe the seat with paper and then layer it on

And then wash my hands furiously, try really hard to not think about all the germs and disgusting things the whole day and fail, feel dirty and contaminated and be relieved only after a long shower. And wash the jeans I wore. Yuck.

Even thinking about it makes my skin crawl
Anybody here with public toilet qualms and Netflix, I challenge you to watch the opening sequence of the movie Wetlands.

Then, watch the whole movie, because its actually quite good.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
What a bunch of wimps! Give your immune systems some exercise Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toilet paper Foxaèr 15 1006 April 12, 2023 at 8:08 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2288 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1811 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where do you stand on breastfeeding in public? Cod 74 7618 September 4, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3048 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Are public schools really like this now? Foxaèr 24 2755 July 30, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  looking at toilet paper after wiping Catholic_Lady 175 37919 June 5, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Self Wipe Toilet Tissue Aid KUSA 112 32983 May 13, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Banning Crosses from Public Schools Shining_Finger 30 3436 November 8, 2015 at 8:27 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Your Sentiments on Breast Feeding in Public Catholic_Lady 184 25601 September 22, 2015 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Mermaid