Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That which you do not understand is infinity...
That which you do not understand is infinity...
(I typed this in a haste and cannot find the proper vocabulary to talk about my understanding. Let us talk more together and tease out the ideas!)

I think that it is impossible for any human to really understand how infinite god is. Not even god in the sense as we know him. not any Christian or any other religion god, not even mythical gods of the past. The organizer of the universe is much much bigger than that. It is not a person. It is a concept. Like a math equation. Like a law of physics. Like a code in the entirety that at one certain point in the chain of infinite possibilities of everything there is a combination of mathematical possibilities that at a certain point add up to the laws of physics and math as we understand them. From there we get the creation of the universe. The black matter big bang moment. the let there be light moment. the moment that the needle of time passes over this instant we get our universe as we know it. there is no god. Time is so much bigger than any one entity being concerned with the fate of any one given species. The fact that I can understand this makes my fate no different than the fate of any other species. There are no souls. A soul is a concept imagined by a species with a high capacity for imagination and creativity. What is in a person? Don’t they have an aura about them that makes them special? No. not at all. Humans are no different than any other species. Any other combination of cells. We think people have souls because we have the ability to think complex thoughts. But are they really complex? Just because our brains are the most developed at this moment in time does not mean that there might be something with a more complex idea processor than us. What is life even? Think bigger than this world or the next planet over. Bigger than space. Zoom all the way out until you can see time as a whole. Keep zooming. Keep zooming. It never stops. It is like looking at a map, zooming out until the dot with your pin on it becomes a dot over the entire planet. Its hard to explain. But time is infinite! Infinite means that at some other moment in the complex mathematical possibilities that make up the whole of eternity, there are possibilities that aren’t anything we could ever imagine. Something not even real, each thing infinitely smaller than the next, you cant even know it. what makes that formula for time, what makes that line that is a plane that is a sphere that is a dimension that I cannot even contemplate, infinity, is god. If you are to worship anything, worship chance, not a person but an idea that can never react to your efforts. They are in vain. Chance is an idea. Infinity is an idea. That means that there is no god. What we call alive means nothing in the scheme of forever. What happens after death? Nothing. You go back to the earth like any other organic compound. It is energy would be the closest thing to a god id say. Nothing happens after death. Nothing at all. you get one shot at this and that is it. there is no after life. There is no reincarnation. “you” is a concept. “Kayla” is a concept. In reality I am a combination of cells that have added up to a specific organism that chance at the universal level has created and a specific point in all the infinity has designed. Chance and math and physics has created the human being that is me. but what is chance but infinity unrolling in its infinite branches. Like a tree that will always branch off and will never end. Every instance in the infinity of ever has an infinite amount of counter instances. Chance is the closest word I can think of to name the phenomenon of infinity. It is impossible for us to understand infinity because we cannot understand that there other possibilities of realities that may or may not follow the same rules of physics. In the way we cannot imagine a color outside of the visible spectrum, we can never understand infinity. That is the reality of ___.

Discuss
RE: That which you do not understand is infinity...
Those who do not understand paragraphs will not have their posts read.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Thought this was going to be another sermon, then you swerved me. Though I'm having difficulty understanding where you're getting at. Why mention God's infinity at all if he doesn't exist?
TL,DR

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this.

Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this.

Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this. Paragraphs look like this.
[Image: anY9dQB_460sa.gif]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Well you're all being a bit harsh frankly.

OK - its not well laid out, but its not that long either.

Lots of interesting ideas - nothing to poke a stick at - but nothing even resembling proof or justification for any of the statements.

We don't know if time will be infinite - it might be, it might not. This applies to the universe as well - it could simply run out of energy at some point and dissipate out of existence.

Even if it doesn't there's a good chance it will expand so far that everything beyond our galaxy will become invisible to us. This will mean that our galaxy (actually ours plus Andromeda) will, eventually become our entire universe. There will be no evidence for anything beyond it - merely inky blackness.

Now if whatever energy that drives our galaxy runs out, then, to all intents and purposes - the universe ends as far as we are concerned.

Other than that - a pleasant read.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!

Cosmic bullshit. People on DMT experience the unfolding of time, its infinity, and similar types of effects. Many want to attribute theses experiences to "getting in touch with" a reality they normally can't see, that DMT simply let's them see what is already there. The alternative is, among others, that DMT allows the mind to function in this time altered perception when it normally does not do so, without there being an actual fact of this "altered time" that is being experienced by the brain. Our brains create a "model" of the world and reality around us during normal wakefulness. This mental model may in some ways "look like" the reality it is meant to represent, but the model is not itself a brute fact caused by the reality — the brain constructs that model of "the real" out of various components, some sensory, some built into the hardware, some purely driven by arbitrary functions of cognition and biology. It is entirely possible that, in DMT experiences, it is not a pre-existing fact of the reality of time which is being "unearthed" by the drug, but rather that the mind is, as always, constructing its model of the real, but due to the drug, certain parameters of that model are constructed in a totally abnormal and unexpected way, resulting in "strange time" being a part of that brain's model of reality at that time. In this alternate interpretation, the mental model itself is displaying time as having these wondrous unusual properties normally not seen, but its the model and the model alone which is experiencing that unusual form — the actual, underlying reality hasn't changed, and because the 'model' is so far out of whack, in those strange, new properties, it doesn't correspond to what is still real, still ordinary, and still plain if a bit dull. Do not fall under the illusion that the mind is "a mirror of reality"; it is not. It is more like a house built out of legos in a room far away, constructed on the basis of a handful of photographs, verbal descriptions about the house, a blueprint, and some general knowledge about the design and construction of houses. The resulting lego house may resemble the real one in a lot of ways, many of them useful (it might still be usefull as a form of shelter, for example). However there are also ways it won't resemble the actual house. The windows, being just blank openings in the wall, will not function the same as the real windows with glass in the actual house do (they don't keep out wind and insects, for example). If for some reason, somebody included the instruction manual for the "lego batman helicopter" and some photographs of it with the house photos and blueprints, your lego house is going to end up being built with features that aren't even remotely similar to those in the real house (such as the roof mounted helicopter blade, which you dutifully added to the lego house because that feature was included in your "input" about the real house).

Anyway, food for thought. I suggest you look up the philosophical concept/theory known as 'nominalism', as well as perhaps "theory of mind" theory such as the work done by Jesse Bering (e.g. the book, The Belief Instinct)

[This post did not undergo the usual proof-reading for spelling, grammar, and content. Please charitably ignore any inadvertently retained pooch screwings that have resulted.]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Actual Infinity in Reality? SteveII 478 65023 March 6, 2018 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Infinity fdesilva 55 11124 October 30, 2016 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Strong desire to understand. Edwardo Piet 15 2750 September 14, 2016 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Athene
  Thinking about infinity Ignorant 71 7654 May 3, 2016 at 7:17 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Do Humans Have Compulsary Will? Which best describes your take on 'will'? Whateverist 100 11064 June 11, 2015 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Trying to Understand Many-Worlds Interpretation Better GrandizerII 45 6904 November 29, 2014 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Which was first: Atheism or Religion? Knowledge of God 122 13978 June 29, 2014 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Can Infinity be boundary (only reasonable answers) reality.Mathematician 9 2409 June 19, 2014 at 4:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Which Quantum Mechanical Interpretation to you Like/Prefer? MindForgedManacle 16 4073 January 11, 2014 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Theo Zacharias
  Existence and Infinity (Warning: major rambling) Napoléon 58 24783 September 5, 2012 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Napoléon