Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda
I was going to make this a topic about Ocarina of Time, but I figured I'd open the floor to talk about the franchise in general. Is anyone here a fan of the games? Why and why not?

I first heard about Zelda through my brother who had a NES and the first and second Zelda game. He wouldn't let me play either because the cartridges were both gold and he thought I'd ruin them. I spent many years fantasizing about what I couldn't have until along came the N64 (my first game console) and Ocarina of Time. That was my introduction to the franchise and man did I love it.

And thanks to re-releases, collector's editions and going over to my cousins who has every Nintendo system known to man, I have played Zelda 1, 2, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, OoT, Majora's Mask, Oracles of Ages & Seasons, Wind Waker, Four Swords and Twilight Princess. Only ones among them I don't own is Link's Awakening. The rest I haven't played. How about you guys?
RE: The Legend of Zelda
My boys played several of those, but now that their balls dropped, they are into other pursuits.
Ocarina of Time is still one of my all-time favorite games.

You should also play Minish Cap. It's another excellent Zelda game.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Not me. Visual impairment has ended my playing. My faves were always shooters and racing anyways.
(November 5, 2013 at 4:56 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Ocarina of Time is still one of my all-time favorite games.

You should also play Minish Cap. It's another excellent Zelda game.

I hear good things. What did you think of that official Zelda timeline Nintendo came out with a while back? It seems to have made fans more unhappy than answer questions IMO. Probably would've been best to leave well enough alone.
I like the game series, the puzzles were really cool. BTW, do you recognize this scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXmMQJMFL_I

Big Grin
That was me last week. Love her cover of the main Zelda theme.
Smashing pots for rupees?
Yeah, I smash pots all the time. Never any rubies in them, though. Sad
Oh well, that should tell you something... Its a game.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild frankiej 16 1380 March 7, 2017 at 10:49 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Chad32 1 622 November 14, 2014 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  New zelda soon...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! frankiej 7 2254 November 17, 2011 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Zelda to be released in UK before US frankiej 11 2346 August 17, 2011 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Violet