Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress is GOOD!
Stress is GOOD!

RE: Stress is GOOD!
That was about lexicography. Not stress. Wrong video? But it was very funny and enjoyable.
Aw crap!!! Lol...I was on a government computer and couldn't see the content, I mixed up the tags!! Lol

(November 15, 2013 at 2:05 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: That was about lexicography. Not stress. Wrong video? But it was very funny and enjoyable.

Thank you! Lol...here's the right one!
The stress talk is great.
(November 15, 2013 at 4:24 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: The stress talk is great.

My girlfriend and I are total opposites. I am overly outgoing, while she gets stressed in many social settings and prefers to remain unnoticed. She worries over chores and trivial things that she tasks herself with, I am a free-spirit and just knock things out. I am an instructor, and channel the anxiety I get before speaking in front of strangers as excitement (stress), she shuts down and prefers that I handle any interaction with strangers that she may be required to endure. If what this lady says is true, it certainly makes sense when you examine the differences in how the two of us differ with our management of stress.
I'm rather skeptical about some parts of it, but that's mainly because I've been taught that stress is bad. And logically speaking, since stress amps up our system, it does stress the system, so it's a little hard to wrap my head around the idea that that may not be a bad thing. I know there are studies showing people working in lower levels jobs die earlier (lower life expectancy) than people in managerial positions. And those in managerial positions, those at the bottom of the ladder die earlier than those on top. And people say it's stress, but now come to think of it, she has a point, stress is all perception. The same situation would stress different people to different levels. So thinking that stress helps you out definitely stresses you out less, and it seems that there is a corresponding physiological respond to that (dilating instead of constricting vessels).
(November 16, 2013 at 12:52 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I'm rather skeptical about some parts of it, but that's mainly because I've been taught that stress is bad. And logically speaking, since stress amps up our system, it does stress the system, so it's a little hard to wrap my head around the idea that that may not be a bad thing. I know there are studies showing people working in lower levels jobs die earlier (lower life expectancy) than people in managerial positions. And those in managerial positions, those at the bottom of the ladder die earlier than those on top. And people say it's stress, but now come to think of it, she has a point, stress is all perception. The same situation would stress different people to different levels. So thinking that stress helps you out definitely stresses you out less, and it seems that there is a corresponding physiological respond to that (dilating instead of constricting vessels).

I totally agree. I've never reacted the same way as most when it comes to pressure. I always seem to get excited, while most express anxiety. Probably why I've always tested well. It would be interesting to see all of the data either way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about outbursts of anger while under stress purplepurpose 18 1972 April 7, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Quixotic
  How to make stress your friend Joods 15 1649 October 1, 2017 at 5:10 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie