Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting an awareness group
Thumbs Up 
Starting an awareness group
Hello guys,

Some few months ago, I had posted the following thread :

What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite?
http://atheistforums.org/thread-20359.html

I was overwhelmed by the responses. Thank you all for your ideas on it.

I learned a lot from it and I am thinking of starting an awareness group in my own community here in Nepal.

I will not be focusing only atheists but everyone. As suggested by some members here it's better to include everyone in any good cause.

I am going to start an awareness group with people consisting of any religion. We will meet every Saturday and talk about how we can positively change our society. We need to make people aware of problems and solutions to tackle them.

We will be talking about latest technologies and ideas that can change the world in a good way.

We will also start doing small community works in our society.

Any suggestions and ideas will be appreciated from you Smile

I also encourage you to do the same in your own area with friends.

As said by Mark Twain "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."

Have fun everyone and lets change the world by doing something small today. Smile
RE: Starting an awareness group
I LOVE THIS IDEA!
Sounds great. I'm afraid I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to do something like that, but I would join because I believe in spreading awareness and there's a lot to learn from these things.

Where are you setting this up?
Hey Shadow, maybe You could try podcasts with your awareness group. Basically, You can ask who would like to participate in a recorded debate or news report and then host it on iTunes for instance.
Quote:What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite?
http://atheistforums.org/thread-20359.html
First, you must have something to promote.
Second, you must have a common goal in order to unite.
Atheism has nothing to promote, nor anything to "unite".
Quote:I learned a lot from it and I am thinking of starting an awareness group in my own community here in Nepal.
Awareness...Well, after making people aware of your existence, what will be your next step?
Quote:I am going to start an awareness group with people consisting of any religion. We will meet every Saturday and talk about how we can positively change our society. We need to make people aware of problems and solutions to tackle them.
Well, I don't think the context of atheism is the place for that. Atheism is not a social but an individual thing. It concerns the individual.
Quote:We will be talking about latest technologies and ideas that can change the world in a good way.
Again, how this relates to atheism is beyond me.
Quote:Any suggestions and ideas will be appreciated from you
AI'd say that you ought to start such a group under a different name and context.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
He clearly said it's an awareness group about doing good for society, and not about atheism - his past post suggested bringing together atheists but now he has another idea.
Sounds like it might be very productive.
(November 18, 2013 at 5:32 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: I LOVE THIS IDEA!

Thank you Deidre32 Smile

(November 18, 2013 at 6:01 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Sounds great. I'm afraid I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to do something like that, but I would join because I believe in spreading awareness and there's a lot to learn from these things.

Where are you setting this up?

I am not knowledgeable either in this. Don't worry, we can still get the ball rolling even if we're not really good at it.

I am thinking of starting it in my community with a small group of friends. Eventually, I hope we will become bigger and have groups in many places.
What I wanted to convey was that, you can also start one in your area. We can share ideas and information between us. Wink

(November 18, 2013 at 6:35 pm)Walking Void Wrote: Hey Shadow, maybe You could try podcasts with your awareness group. Basically, You can ask who would like to participate in a recorded debate or news report and then host it on iTunes for instance.

Wow, you have a nice idea. I will see what we can do about recorded debates and awareness speeches.

(November 19, 2013 at 6:39 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Sounds like it might be very productive.

Thanks Mister Agenda, our goal is to be productive to our society and to this world. Thats why we're here, aren't we all? Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sasha Baron trolls a group of idiots Nay_Sayer 0 934 June 28, 2020 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Group Video Chats on Skype... round 2 Catholic_Lady 61 10877 May 17, 2018 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Happy Bisexual Awareness Day! BrokenQuill92 86 9004 September 24, 2016 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Happy Singles Awareness Day! c172 57 5572 February 15, 2016 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Starting work on making a PIP Boy dyresand 4 1167 November 19, 2015 at 10:04 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Let's meet on Skype with a group video chat! Catholic_Lady 225 23707 October 16, 2015 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  'God' is starting to make less sense to me. (rant) IanHulett 45 6789 June 19, 2015 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  I think I need to establish a support group and maybe find a mentor... LivingNumbers6.626 3 1147 January 14, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My Rep Awareness Cinjin 52 6727 June 2, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: naimless
  Irianian atheist group on facebook. Brian37 5 2007 August 13, 2013 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Something completely different